Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping for a 2016 Quatraporte S, prices range from $30K to $40K+++. My budget is on the lower end of that range. I drove a 2016 with 45K miles on it, Car has been maintained over its life at Maserati dealerships, The car still has a Factory Warranty that expires at 50,000 miles or 4 years after it was purchased. in 2016. Nicely equipped with sport package (or so says the dealer). Was driven an average of 17K miles per year.

Question: should I or should I not purchase a Maserati with 45,000 miles? What's the expected lifespan of that Ferrari assembled engine? Car has new brake pads and new tires.

·
Registered
369 Posts
These things are pretty sturdy, despite common misconceptions. I've put a ton of miles on my 2011 car over the last 1 1/2 years, and it's now creeping up on 50k miles. Doesn't burn a drop of oil.

I'm more worried about heater cores and window regulators....

Hans.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been shopping for a 2016 Quatraporte S, prices range from $30K to $40K+++. My budget is on the lower end of that range. I drove a 2016 with 45K miles on it, Car has been maintained over its life at Maserati dealerships, The car still has a Factory Warranty that expires at 50,000 miles or 4 years after it was purchased. in 2016. Nicely equipped with sport package (or so says the dealer). Was driven an average of 17K miles per year.

Question: should I or should I not purchase a Maserati with 45,000 miles? What's the expected lifespan of that Ferrari assembled engine? Car has new brake pads and new tires.
I'm not sure what the long term reliability for these cars, but if you are looking for a car in your price range with lower miles I can help you out with it if you are in Cali.

This car may be 2015, but in my opinion its clean and has low mileage. Also, I can help you with the price (friends with the owner).

·
Registered
543 Posts
comparing an 11 GT to a 16 QP is apples to oranges.
it is a car, and like all cars will start having components go out. rear main seals leak, power steering pumps go out... random electrical gremlins.
if it is still under warranty, add on a factory extended warranty. it'll add on 2 years and 25k miles i believe. you can't add it after the original warranty expires.
i have to ask, since you said your budget is the lower end of 30-40k.... does that leave room for maintenance and repairs? have you factored tires, alignments, brakes, etc?
a rear main seal can set ya back about 1500, power steering issues about 1 to 3k.
i have a 100k miles 14 QP that rotates through the shop here, seems to cost about 2k to 4k a year between service and repairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts