Maserati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my visit to the workshop. The Maserati mechanics had a good look at the brake discs and brake pads, and what they did was they took away the metal plates that have on them an indicator for direction of inserting brake pads, as they said these plates also caused noise problems on Ferraris. The plates are pretty close to the brake discs and when hot the noise becomes more pronounced. They also told me that on the same day that I sent in my car for brake pad replacement, another Ghibli also did the same and came back with the same issue. I said to them: OK, let me give it a test drive. Now I have driven for many days and a few hundred kilometres and there is not even a single noise of the sort that I heard before and posted on YouTube in my previous post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh no, the noise came back again after one week. So it s not the metal plate that s causing the noise. Too lazy to bring the car back to the workshopp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally think I have found the problem. The Maserati Dealer technicians found a dead animal under the bonnet near the belt. It could have caused the noise as the belt ruffled against the dead carcass. End of the story. Picture enclosed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
So after a fair bit of headscratching, this was diagnosed as a wheel bearing issue. Maserati did a lmited recall for this issue but they the problem seems to be much wider. The right front bearing went bad on my 2014 Ghibli at around 20K. In my 2017 Ghibli, the left front has gone bad in 6K miles. If you are hearing a constant pitch grinding sound that goes away temporarily when you tap your brakes, it’s a bad bearing that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 Ghibli just developed the same wine/whistle. It happens on the freeway when I going over 65 mph. It sounds like its coming from my driver's front tire. I will take it to the deal when I better identified the issue and have time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my Ghibli In 2018 and drove only about 2K miles, started hearing this whistle sound. Brought it back to service and was told about debris built up and causing the noise. Replacing parts, update software, clean up the built up debris ... the issue was fixed then yet always come back again within short period of time. Up till now, I have already brought it back 3 times and the noise is still there once you drove the car for a good distance. Called the service again a week ago and they have no fix and told me they can only clean it one more time under warranty. If I bring this back again, it will be my 4th trip for the same issue. I started thinking will this fall under the lemon law? It is hard to believe Maserati doesn’t have a permanent fix for this! From this forum, I am not the only one having this annoying issue. Anyone has further development about this issue or ever consider lemon law on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have the very same problem with my 2019 it's exactly the same as the video and my car is with the dealer for the second time with only 8000km on the clock... The first time I took it in they cleaned the brakes and it was fine for a couple of weeks but came back again... Is there a permanent solution for this? As I'm not happy bringing my car to the dealer every few weeks and the noise is sending me crazy! I refuse to live with the noise after spending so much on a new car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is 2018 and I had to take it in 4 times. Maserati replaced the rotor and brake pad under warranty the first time (only 1800 miles!) and it didn’t fix the noise back then. I brought the car back to the same shop with the same issue two times after that. They cleaned the brake and the noise still won’t go away. I finally took it to a different shop and they asked me to replace the rotor and brake pad AGAIN and this time I need to pay for that because Maserati won’t cover it. Now it has been few hundred miles after the replacement and the noise has not yet come back. Hopefully this fixes the issue, or else I am going legal with them.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts