Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new to the forum. I just purchased (haven’t even taken delivery yet!) a 2015 GranTurismo S coupe. Very excited! I was wondering if anyone had any printed copies of the sales brochures? I see many PDF options but was hoping to find an original print version. It looks like there are two - 28 page general Maserati brochure including the GT and a 72 page GT specific. Please let me know if anyone has one they would like to part with or sell? Or if you know where I might find one it would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Don't you mean a GTS sir?

·
Registered
329 Posts
To make matters even more confusing, they all used to be called a GT. Then Maserati came out with a new line that’s either the MC or the Sport. Basically the base model is the Sport.

Either way, welcome to the forum, be sure to post some pics upon arrival.

·
Registered
2016 Maserati GranTurismo Converible
15 Posts
As long as you guys are clearing stuff up: The car I just bought is a Gran Turismo convertible. Is that the same as a Gran Cabrio...?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yup... but I don’t quite understand that one...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

To make matters even more confusing, they all used to be called a GT. Then Maserati came out with a new line that’s either the MC or the Sport. Basically the base model is the Sport.

Either way, welcome to the forum, be sure to post some pics upon arrival.
Here are some photos of the car. Should be picking it up by the end of the week or early next week!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Technically speaking base models are 4.2L and the GTS & MC got the 4.7L so there is a big difference between the base vs gts / sport / MC / F1 / Stradale

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,272 Posts
Very nice looking ! Congrats !

But this photo only added to my confusion: a 2015 Granturismo Sport with a center vent / scoop hood ?! :oops: I was under the ( apparently mistaken ) impression that only the MC models had the vented hoods ; one version with just the side vents and another with both side vents and the center scoop, and that all GTS models had just the plain hood.

So what’s the real story re which models had what hood and in which years ?

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Very nice looking ! Congrats !

But this photo only added to my confusion: a 2015 Granturismo Sport with a center vent / scoop hood ?! :oops: I was under the ( apparently mistaken ) impression that only the MC models had the vented hoods ; one version with just the side vents and another with both side vents and the center scoop, and that all GTS models had just the plain hood.

So what’s the real story re which models had what hood and in which years ?
This hood could be ordered as an option (at least here in Europe, I think in the USA it was the same).

·
Registered
517 Posts
Technically speaking base models are 4.2L and the GTS & MC got the 4.7L so there is a big difference between the base vs gts / sport / MC / F1 / Stradale
In 2012 and up, ALL were 4.7s.

l

N

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe the center scoop came out in 2014. And a good way to tell the difference from the side between a sport and MC is a side vent behind the front tires. I’m sure most of you knew this but it gives me a good reason to post one of my favorite pics.
12528BA1-AD90-4882-97CA-FA0D0CE3CD3D.png 6447480E-D04F-4150-A962-5D9452A56BFA.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
As long as you guys are clearing stuff up: The car I just bought is a Gran Turismo convertible. Is that the same as a Gran Cabrio...?
I think that the European convertibles were marketed as Grand Cabrio's (Cabriolets) where as we simple souls in north America got convertibles 'cos anything with a fold away roof is a convertible...does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I believe the center scoop came out in 2014. And a good way to tell the difference from the side between a sport and MC is a side vent behind the front tires. I’m sure most of you knew this but it gives me a good reason to post one of my favorite pics.
View attachment 137639 View attachment 137638
Other distinguishing features are the front bumper, the rear bumper together with the special two-pipe exhaust design and the three vents on each side directly behind the front wheels, which on the MC do not have plastic frame inserts. All these things could not be ordered as an option. For the hood I believe there were two different design variants as an option for the "normal" models: one in aluminum and one in carbon (the MC variant).

In the interior, practically everything from the MC could also be ordered for the other variants, technically as well (e.g. MC sport suspension with MC rear axle). Then there were many carbon elements in and around the car that could be ordered as options for all models.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts