Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum and first time Maserati owner.
I bought a 2015 Ghibli with 11.8K Miles about 10 months ago. I do a lot of highway driving with it. It now has 26K miles. Of course just out of warranty...so I’m on the highway yesterday doing about 85mph I hear a slight pop out of the exhaust when the car tries to upshift and check engine light immediately comes on and the car won’t accelerate while I’m pressing the gas. Engine runs very rough I barely make it to an exit a 1/2 mile away while hearing grinding sounds from engine driving at about 45mph. Stop the car right off exit and Car has a burnt smell coming now. Car will not turn on at all, it tries to turn over and can’t, alight burning smell each time I tried to turn it back on so I just left it and Had to get it towed to a shop in Sacramento (closest to where I was). The shop works on all high line and exotic cars (Ferraris, lambos, Maserati, Astons, etc). They did my oil change/service about at 19k miles. They called today and said the high pressure fuel pump went bad causing metal shavings to go into two of the engine cylinders. They said bc of that all fuel injectors also need to be replaced. Parts and 10 hrs labor $5400!!!!!!
PLEASE ADVISE if I should get another opinion or what any of you recommend. I’m sure I could call and get the check engine codes if that would help...sorry if this isn’t in the right part of the forums...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just discovered granturismo injectors are 200 dollar each, the same injector from bosch, not maserati labeled, is 30 dollars. Not sure if that applies to the ghibli, but might be worth looking into the parts. Just in injectors this saves a whooping 1350 dollar.

4,129 Posts
A Ghibli is direct injected and uses a different injector...They are not 30.00 dollars for that vehicle, but they maybe able to be cross-referenced with the Bosch#....Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts