Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Super annoyed. My 3 week old 2014 QP GTS with 14k miles threw a blinking engine light and started running very rough. I turned off car and got a tow.

Code is P0308, very heavy raw fuel smell coming from exhaust. It’ll burn your nose!

It’s at a friends house who is a mechanic for Audi and Porsche dealer in Fresno. He eliminated the coils as problems. They all work. He will be doing more diagnostics tomorrow.

Anyone have any advice or experience with dealing with something like this? Random misfires?

Having a hard time sleeping today, praying it’s not a dead cylinder. Dealer offering no warranty.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Sometimes on direct injected cars the injectors can stick open and dump a ton of fuel into the cylinder...Not a common problem on these cars as far as I have seen, but possible....Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Super annoyed. My 3 week old 2014 QP GTS with 14k miles threw a blinking engine light and started running very rough. I turned off car and got a tow.

Code is P0308, very heavy raw fuel smell coming from exhaust. It’ll burn your nose!

It’s at a friends house who is a mechanic for Audi and Porsche dealer in Fresno. He eliminated the coils as problems. They all work. He will be doing more diagnostics tomorrow.

Anyone have any advice or experience with dealing with something like this? Random misfires?

Having a hard time sleeping today, praying it’s not a dead cylinder. Dealer offering no warranty.

Bro,my vehicle has the same problem as yours,flashing engine light when cold start,dealer said should change the fuel injector. But my car runs normally,no smoke.But good news,maserati gives a 7years warranty which include fuel injector,go ask the dealership nearby your location!

·
Registered
25 Posts
there's no 7 year warranty, unless you add an extended warranty while still within warranty.
I am from the uk/Australia but when I bought my 2015 QP GTS I got a 2 year extended warranty in Switzerland. No mechanical issues yet in my few months ownership, but it also means I can’t tune the car or I would probably break the warranty.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
That is the factory parts catalog and every part for the car is on there...Could your Audi buddy not figure out that is Bosch injector and get the part # off the injector so you could just replace just one? Most likely a 9 digit number..... Bosch pretty much makes all the high pressure pumps, sensors, etc. for direct injected cars coming out of Europe...Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts