Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

This is my first post to a forum on MaseratiLife.

I have a 2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS, and one of the headlights is burned out. The car is out of warranty.
I called the local Maserati dealer to get a price quote, and was informed that the front bumper needs to be removed to replace a headlight. Since this is labor intensive, the dealer recommended that I replace both headlights.

This is the cost:

$164 per headlight
$372 labor

Cost for replacing 1 headlight: $536
Cost for replacing 2 headlights: $700

I would like to know if anybody else had had to replace a burned out headlight.

If so, what did it cost you?
Did anybody attempt to do-it-yourself?

Thanks!

--Terry

·
Registered
248 Posts
By headlight I assume you mean the light bulb.
Yes, indeed the front bumper needs to be removed, but that's a 30-45 minutes job, and good Philips or Osram bulbs cost around $60 / piece.
You can attempt a DIY job, you need D3S bulbs (I recommend Osram 5000K CBI), and there are a few Youtube videos on how to remove the Ghibli front bumper and replace the bulbs (the bumper and headlights shape are different, but Ghibli and QP VI are identical cars for this purpose).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By headlight I assume you mean the light bulb.
Yes, indeed the front bumper needs to be removed, but that's a 30-45 minutes job, and good Philips or Osram bulbs cost around $60 / piece.
You can attempt a DIY job, you need D3S bulbs (I recommend Osram 5000K CBI), and there are a few Youtube videos on how to remove the Ghibli front bumper and replace the bulbs (the bumper and headlights shape are different, but Ghibli and QP VI are identical cars for this purpose).
Thanks for the detailed reply, toshy!

As you suggested, I found a YouTube video "How to Replace Headlamp Bulbs on a 2014 Ghibli SQ4".

I've copied the link below for anybody else that reads this thread:

If I end up using the video to replace the bulb myself, I'll post back and let you all know how it went.

Thanks,

--Terry

·
Registered
217 Posts
Has anyone found a DIY on replacing the headlight bulb on the GT 2014?
On the GT, turn the steering all the way to the left or right, depending on which side you are working on. Remove the 3 or 4 screws at the bottom and mid section of the wheel liner cover. Peel the liner back. You can also remove the wheel for more space if you like. You will see a big plastic cap/cover about 5-6 inches in diameter. Turn the cap anti-clockwise and remove it. You will see the back of the bulb...press the 2 silver spring release clips or the newer type will just require a quick anti-clockwise turn. The bulb is D1S xenon 4300K Slyvania/Osram but Philips will work too. Do not touch the bulb. Also, good idea to replace in pairs to match color rendition as the older working bulb will be a tad "yellowish", compared to new bulb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am replacing the bulbs as well. I noticed some threads also mention a ballast. Are these even on this model?

I didn't see them mentioned on scuderiaparts.com, and I see them often paired with the bulbs.

Do I even need these?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I remember well buying my first Quattroporte, my other half was looking at reasons for me not to buy it. When she came across the headlight bulbs listed at about £100 each, (about $115) she retorted that if a bulb when, I would only be driving it in daylight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts