Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently installed 18MM front and 25MM rear spacers along with the KW Variant 3 Coilovers on my 2014 QP GTS.

Even though KW gives a lowering range from 1-1.4” it was totally false. I had the shop lower the coilovers to nearly the max thinking it would be 1.4” and to my surprise the initial drop was extreme at about 3+ inches as shown in the second image below. I literally could not go over speedbumps whatsoever and the rear rubbed the fender liners when driving!

So I raised the car up about an inch as shown in the first photo below. The total drop now is about 2” from stock which is perfect and I only have some light rubbing on speed bumps now which is doable. As they say...no pain no gain! :)

The ride is quite nice, very smooth and much less body roll! The car looks so much better now without the wheel well gap which is really excessive from the factory especially with the 21” wheels.

Next up I am thinking about a custom tune....the engine has so much more potential! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks nice! You're very brave to have a car with such a long wheelbase lowered this much :) The factory wheel gaps are atrocious indeed, but even the shorter wheelbase Ghibli with the lower sport factory suspension feels like scraping too much.

KW coilovers always lower the car much more than specified, to the point even the highest setting is too low for some cars. But, they're great coilovers, and the ride quality is unmatched.

What settings are you running (compression/rebound)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, agree....I do get some light scraping on big speed bumps but the car looks totally transformed IMO. The OEM wheel well gaps drove me crazy and the floaty suspension did as well.

I have the KW settings right in the middle....much improved from OEM. Sometimes I get some suspension roll but I think this is because the car is so big.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts