Maserati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
@alvav I think he's saying he'll be into the car for $20k including the price of the car.

@Johnmyer09 You must have gotten this car for next to nothing though. The used engines aren't free and it costs more than nothing to install it.
The problem you are having on this forum is that you jumped into a relatively small and tight community with what we now know WAS a click-bait title as you knew from the beginning that the $36k was never applicable to you. When called out on it, you defended the title by saying it could apply to a theoretical someone and attacked those who called you out. Not a good start for a new poster.
But somehow after calling all the members useless and fools, you are suddenly going to get detailed advice from the Master Mechanics on the forum? I guess we'll see how well that works out...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good luck on your adventure...I'm sorry any of the replies didn't meet your standards...Going back to being "useless" .Asking for advice or help with a snarky attitude never works out well...Just saying...Jason
Don’t need it. I’ll figure it out. Nothing special about the Maserati engine. Thanks all. Mods can close/delete this thread. Didn’t gain a single piece of info in nearly 21 comments. 😂🤦🏽‍♂️😂

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn’t get much details... just very basic tips. I was hoping someone on this forum had more in-depth advice. Nothing about it is clickbait-y... they did quote me 36K for an engine replacement. If you don’t think that’s a nightmare at only 40K miles, you need to lay down the pipe.

Not sure why I’m even wasting time with you. Be constructive instead of an a$$hat.
There's just not going to be a lot of people out there that have done an engine swap on a model that has only been out there for five years.

I have an '88 5.0 Mercury Cougar (have performed engind / tranny swap on this) and a '97 Camaro SS, all kinds of maintenance/mod help on the forums, just starting to see more DIY for the Ghibli pop up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree, I got what I paid for. I’ll have one for about 20K all in with a relatively new motor with 9K miles. Congrats on pissing money away buying new... 😂 you know what they say. A fool and his money are soon parted.
At least my car runs lol and brings me pleasure every day. Money well spent. What else is the point?

Enjoy your non-running ghibli

3,104 Posts
Dude, I'm not really sure why you are sharing...You have worn out your welcome on this forum I think...Remember your useless comment and worst forum ever compared to Jaguar etc.? I haven't....Good luck on your project...J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I came here looking for assistance and walked away with nearly zero useful information. I used my brain and tackled the engine swap step by step and now I’m almost done with everything adding up!

thank you still Jason from Enzos for your help...

Dude, I'm not really sure why you are sharing...You have worn out your welcome on this forum I think...Remember your useless comment and worst forum ever compared to Jaguar etc.? I haven't....Good luck on your project...J

3,104 Posts
Your welcome...Hopefully, you don't have any issues as you maybe shit out of luck here. Here is some useful information...Don't come on a forum and ask for help and act like a know it all ...These are luxury cars and most guys on the forum are not doing engine swaps...Good luck...Jason

21 - 31 of 31 Posts