Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2015 MC Centennial Grigio Granito
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MC Sportline on a QP? I don’t see these very often.....in fact have only seen 1 or 2 pop up for sale over the past few years. Are they truly a rare bird? And as I understand, it’s a Sport GTS with an enhanced interior package correct?

Any info or feedback someone might have would be great. I landed one with only 11k miles to replace my 2008 QPS with only 22k miles (selling this if anyone interested)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Pics? I can't say I've seen one myself either. Sounds like a nice car either way!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Must truly be a rare bird no one on the forum has one or knows anything about them really?

Was most interested too knowing if the MC Sportline package was reserved for just the Sport GTS line or if you could do the MC package ona base model sort of like they do these days with Grand Turismos. Appears to just be a GTS option but I just wanted to be sure. The dash logo doesn’t say GTS and the exhaust tips are round rather than oval. But it has the MC Sportline badging on the sills and the GTS front grill.

Would really appreciate feedback.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry all I’ve been out of town but Wednesday when I get back I’ll post some pictures.

Now that I have it in the garage and looked it over it’s clearly a QPS 4.7 with a Sportline package. (From what i can tell just an interior trim package) but super cool nonetheless. I’m reading that the 2012 was available in 3 models, base 4.2, S 4.7, and Sport GTS.

So the S model has an adjustable suspension it says? Does that mean Skyhook? And exactly how would one go about “adjusting”? Does this mean I can drop it a little without having to replace the springs?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Yes on adjustable meaning skyhook. It adjusts dampening rates by pushing the sport mode button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The skyhook system should have adjustable ride height also, if it's like the older models. You an look at the shock itself and tell - you'll see the threads.

I lowered mine quite easily and it did not affect ride quality or alignment.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay wires on top of strut under the hood yes, but threads on the shock “no”. Soooo can this be adjusted via computer like the Mercedes AMG? Anyone replace the springs with FD springs on a 2012 Skyhook equipped?

Here are some pictures of the interior.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Steering wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Car seat cover

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

·
Registered
818 Posts
Cool, it's got the GT shift paddles! So big!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Those are rear controls for the climate.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep rear climate control it’s one of the options on the build sheet.

Also, it does have the MC aluminum peddals the pic is just to dark to notice them.

Any thoughts on the suspension and lowering it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts