·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please tell me that you are not relying on a internet poll from people you don't know to purchase a car? Plus with no pics or service history.....Flip a coin??? Jason
I am just trying to get a feel on how much I can get this car for.
I am currently going by the pictures (seems immaculate but not 100% until I see it in person) and relatively short mileage.
If I was to get more serious, what do you suggest to look for?
Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here's the other one I am looking at. $2500 more and on the other side of the US, but the Silver on the car is amazing!

·
Registered
87 Posts
If the color isn't right for you there is absolutely no sense buying it or every day you'll probably wish you got the one you wanted.

Best to wait and find the exact one you want. You most likely will be much happier in the long run even if you have to wait a little longer.

These beauties are also getting a little more affordable every month so it pays to be patient....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the color isn't right for you there is absolutely no sense buying it or every day you'll probably wish you got the one you wanted.

Best to wait and find the exact one you want. You most likely will be much happier in the long run even if you have to wait a little longer.

These beauties are also getting a little more affordable every month so it pays to be patient....
Exactly...I think up to a year ago, the facelift ones were still in the 30s... now they are low 20s.
Btw, black is hard to maintain a shiny look but it looks amazing when done right.
I could live with either color so it's more of a financial decision.
I am asking myself, is $2500 + transportation to the other side of US worth the color and 10k less miles?

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you really rely your choise on poll add a third option : None.
Because based on colors I don't like none of these. Black exterior color is very very demanding in terms of cleaning. You wash the car and within an hour or after a short driving you need to wash it again.
Silver exterior is 50% of the cars (it makes no surprise to me) and black interior is ugly because it hides all the nice stiching and shape of the seats/door panels. Furthermore we avoid it because of the many summer hot days in my country.

But again as Jason says check 100% the service history. Don't forget you can EASILY repay the whole value if serious repairs will arise on this car.

P.S. once again I'm jealous for your massive used cars market. The facelift 2009 models cost above 60k EUR here......latest 2011-2013 models does not exist at all.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wait for something closer to you and find the color that you like. Not sure where you are located, but If you are in California, black would be easier to keep clean than other areas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Might be selling my wife’s 2010 qp gts (bianco eldorado) shortly. I bought this for my wife and she never drives it. I’ll post it in the market place

·
Registered
517 Posts
As noted previously, colors do play a big role in the decision making process, after all....your going to have to live with it daily. I agree with Friendgr regarding black interiors, they do not have the same impact as the lighter color interiors that often have contrasting upper door panels and dash pads....but there are exceptions. When I looked at a 2010 QP Sport-GTS it had a black interior, all leather - no alcantara, with medium gray carbon fiber pieces and white stitching throughout - it was a very nice combination.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you really rely your choise on poll add a third option : None.
Because based on colors I don't like none of these. Black exterior color is very very demanding in terms of cleaning. You wash the car and within an hour or after a short driving you need to wash it again.
Silver exterior is 50% of the cars (it makes no surprise to me) and black interior is ugly because it hides all the nice stiching and shape of the seats/door panels. Furthermore we avoid it because of the many summer hot days in my country.

But again as Jason says check 100% the service history. Don't forget you can EASILY repay the whole value if serious repairs will arise on this car.

P.S. once again I'm jealous for your massive used cars market. The facelift 2009 models cost above 60k EUR here......latest 2011-2013 models does not exist at all.
Wow! Yes, I too am shocked at the level of depreciation here. Not that I complained when I got one!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My search continues for a 2011+ QP or Coupe 6 speed MT...
Found this private seller for $20k on a seemingly nicely kept QP with about 40k miles.
Seems like a deal but I don't really dig black cars... There is another beautiful silver one that is $2500 more but it's on the other side of the US... Such a dilemma

I hope this link works

Hi Austin, as other have said, be patient, wait until you find the exact spec you want. Best wishes on your search.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Austin, as other have said, be patient, wait until you find the exact spec you want. Best wishes on your search.
Thank you, there are a ton of black cars in my area 2011+ models which I'm looking for. I hope a non black car shows up because I really don't have the patients. I can hear the QP calling my name!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If anyone is interested I just listed wife’s white Quattroporte sports GTS on the market place. car Is in excellent condition with 18k miles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I’ll hold to it and use as a weekend car. I’ll sell at reasonable price but I’m not in a hurry to give it away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts