Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone. I picked up a 2011 GT S at the beginning of summer. The smile has been glued to my face ever since. This is got to be one of the best “fun per dollar” values out there!

Can anyone give a listen to my cold start clip:

63,000 miles. It looks like I have one of the last engines made before they fixed the variator issue. Hear anything I should have checked out?

Battled the normal TPMS sensor issues (won, thanks forumites!). Found the dash console date/time was bricked, probably from a poorly-executed CEL reset. Interior mirror control knob was missing. Found that the driver side door was repainted at some point. Small stuff l can live with.

The variator is my last worry (for now...).

Thanks for all the great info on the forum!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I can’t help but think the variatiors would have died by now or been replaced with that many miles. I’m sure someone more educated will chime in here

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,035 Posts
This is got to be the best “fun per dollar” values out there!
Yes it is !

Congrats !
I can‘t provide any input on variators, but plenty of very knowledgeable folks here who will no doubt respond ..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very nice ride! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much! Mine puts a smile on my face every time I go out for a drive.
Like stated previously, I'm sure if it had the issue, it woulda been fixed already with that mileage.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy your beauty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone!

This week was the first week ever without any dash warning lights showing. Now I’m going to push the variator question out of my mind, and drive the hell out of it!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I did not hear an issue with the variators. If it is there, it may be more likely to be heard after it has been sitting for several days. Driving is better for it anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts