Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was cleaning out the storage section for the convertible top (stopped the retraction part way to gain access) I found this bump stop lying in the chamber. I looked for what might be a mating left/right pairing but could not find another. Then I went through the manual hoping for a drawing with an exploded view, but didn't see one. The replacement steps for the convertible top are frightening BTW, so I do want to keep all the components happy. I am not having any issues, but am concerned this part did have a purpose, and what ever it is, it's not doing it sitting on my desk. I know this would only be of interest to a small percentage of the members, but anyone with a convertible knows how costly neglect can be.

Attachments

5,627 Posts
It screws into the folding lid...It pushes the top down in the cavity ..Don't mess the jam nut adjustment...Jason

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason. I will have a look. I had been looking at the frame more so than the lid. Is there just on of these bump stops on the lid? For clarity, this rear deck lid is what you are talking about, yes?
Rear Toneau cover.JPG

5,627 Posts
Yes, that part is the lid...I can't remember if there is 4 or them or two...I want to say two mounted towards the outside..Look for a open 6mm threaded insert...J

·
Registered
147 Posts
As I was cleaning out the storage section for the convertible top (stopped the retraction part way to gain access) I found this bump stop lying in the chamber. I looked for what might be a mating left/right pairing but could not find another. Then I went through the manual hoping for a drawing with an exploded view, but didn't see one. The replacement steps for the convertible top are frightening BTW, so I do want to keep all the components happy. I am not having any issues, but am concerned this part did have a purpose, and what ever it is, it's not doing it sitting on my desk. I know this would only be of interest to a small percentage of the members, but anyone with a convertible knows how costly neglect can be.
I went ahead and pulled my 2010 out just for you... there are two of those stops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love this group! Thank you both. This picture is perfect! I checked and both are missing. According to the Scuderia parts diagram, they show 4, but I'll check mine again. The 2 "pins" as they call them set closer at the top appear to be a different style on the 2010.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts