Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was all set to buying a 2007 QP automatic executive GT, thinking this will we the first time in a while I will have a car who's design will last and not be changed for a while. Of course, then I found out about the 2009. The body is mostly the same, but there are some subtle differences, namely headlights and tailights, with LED's. Do you think the rest of the body is basically the same? I know 2009 gets bluetooth, but will the navigation be that much better? Is satellite radio an option now(sirius or xm?)?

Do you guys think if need, the headlights can be replaced to "update" the 07 or 08 to the 09? (will it fit?) If so, what place would likely carry such an item?

Is there still an executive or sport gt for 09? Looks like the grill for base and S version are the same. Is the mesh grill gone for good? Is the size and grill opening the same in case I want to change the grill out?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hi and welcome.
judging from the pictures it looks the headlights housing are shaped differently and as well the fenders and bumpers are different. if you look the grills are different.

fortunately this is a masearti and not a BMW or MB. updating your QP's 'look' really doesnt do much to your car or its value. i would recommend sticking to what it really is, not what it pretends to be. if it is a 07, be happy it is that way.

this is one reason why there are next to no 'body kits' for the QP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat but, going to stick with the 07. The depreciation on these cars the first couple years is really steep. For example, in 07 a QP stickered for ~$125-130k and you can buy one now for ~$75-80k and probably less (there is one on ebay right now with a BIN of $69.9k!). I know not many probably sold for MSRP but $45-50k is still a huge hit. Not many folks other than a Maser enthusiast will ever know yours in an 09 vs. an 07.

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm kinda in the same boat but, going to stick with the 07. The depreciation on these cars the first couple years is really steep. For example, in 07 a QP stickered for ~$125-130k and you can buy one now for ~$75-80k and probably less (there is one on ebay right now with a BIN of $69.9k!). I know not many probably sold for MSRP but $45-50k is still a huge hit. Not many folks other than a Maser enthusiast will ever know yours in an 09 vs. an 07.
The funny thing is that I think the executive grill is better looking than the 09 grill. It's just that "I don't have the latest look" feeling. My dealer tells me that someone ordered an 90 but wants to swap out the grill for an 08 executive grill.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The funny thing is that I think the executive grill is better looking than the 09 grill. It's just that "I don't have the latest look" feeling. My dealer tells me that someone ordered an 90 but wants to swap out the grill for an 08 executive grill.
well, you get what you paid for. you paid for an used 07.
don't expect you have the latest look feeling.

if you want that feeling, pay for an 09. that is with all cars, not just maserati.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The only reason I would go for an 09 is for the ability to get the 4.7L engine, otherwise the real differences are so minimal as to not warrant the extra cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As I purchased an 07 sport GT recently, I would like to add my two cents worth. The depreciation on these cars is absolutely astounding as we all know. If money is no object, then as with all car puchases, get the latest model. However, for most of us, young used is the better option. My car is a sport GTauto with 3,900 miles. Not a scratch, nick or dent to be found and a PPI done at a reputable dealer found the car in as new condition. There are many of these cars out there that have been well cared for and are great values. I would say that even with a luxury sports car that is a splurge for most of us, it still makes sense to save $40,000. Plus, trust me few people will be able to tell that you have an 07 vs. an 09.
just my two cents worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts