Maserati Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any shot for some additional input on this? I've got the 5 screws out in the front of the rear shelf. Side trim pieces with the airbag trim out. 4 nuts in the trunk out. Rear seats leaning forward. But this rear shelf will not move forward. If anyone who has done this can think of what might be holding it in place still, let me know!
I dont know if you still in this but you need to unscrew the isofix inserts (3) and thats all View attachment 132953

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Any shot for some additional input on this? I've got the 5 screws out in the front of the rear shelf. Side trim pieces with the airbag trim out. 4 nuts in the trunk out. Rear seats leaning forward. But this rear shelf will not move forward. If anyone who has done this can think of what might be holding it in place still, let me know!
You also have to go into the trunk and remove the trunk liners - there will be 4 bolts - 2 on each side that have to be removed - then the entire tray w/ speakers etc will slide right out. As you can see there is a ton of stuff in the back seat and trunk that has to be removed just to remove this POS!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You also have to go into the trunk and remove the trunk liners - there will be 4 bolts - 2 on each side that have to be removed - then the entire tray w/ speakers etc will slide right out. As you can see there is a ton of stuff in the back seat and trunk that has to be removed just to remove this POS!!!
The bolts are on the outer part of the trunk in the corners - was a ***tch to remove. They are directly below the tray but underneath, so i had to contort my body and get on my back and squeeze into the trunk to get to them- use a light - i used a long socket extension... i believe 10 or 12mm - once they come out the rest is downhill...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an airbag light and the code indicates it is the rear sear pretensioner. I suspect the plug needs to be cleaned but will test the resistance once I can get to it. My question is, how far do I need to go in your instructions to get to the pretensioner and the plug for it? I am assuming I only need to pull the right seat and (hopefully) don't have to pull the rear deck. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated before I dive into this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Big thanks to D-Gunz_94123, badger15 and Peter_Sweden for these detailed instructions! I know this thread started many years ago, but it was invaluable and the only source of info I found.

I want to add a few clarifications for removing the rear deck. I own a 2007 QP Auto Executive GT. I'm not sure if the differences in my model apply to others. My rear seats can adjust (from passenger doors) but don't have fans or lumbar like the fronts do. I think you can get those features on rear seats too so there may be additional steps for such seats. This works for access to rear shade or in my case, access to the speaker under the rear deck.

- I can confirm that the bolts in trunk are 10mm. (I think D-Gunz had said they were either 10mm or 12mm.) However, I removed the wrong bolts first time around. There are five easily visible 10mm bolts, but you want to remove the four 10mm nuts that are hiding up in the metal holes. I was having the issues badger15 had mentioned - unable to pull out the shelf - but then looked around and finally saw these four hidden out of sight.

- I removed the 3 seat belt holders at the top of the seat area. I'm pretty sure you need to do this in order to get the deck completely out but maybe not. But in my case, I also had to remove the three 17mm bolts holding the seat belts on the floor. I had to do this because I wanted to completely remove the deck and needed the seat belts out of the way.

- If it helps, the two electrical connectors are on the far left side of the deck (as you look out the back window).

The hardest part about this task was getting the side seat bolsters out. I didn't break anything, but as was said earlier in this thread they require BRUTE force. One "rivet" is at the shoulder and one down low. I found it useful to squeeze my hand into these places and pull from behind. I was able to get it to come out about half an inch and then could pull really hard on the top to get it the rest of way out then same on the bottom. Took me 15 minutes to do the first one. 10 mins to do the second one. It's fair to say there was more resting and cursing than actual time spent pulling.

I'll take some pics and attach them in next few days as I reassemble. I know this thread isn't active, but if someone else like me comes along the pics will help. I plan to put up a picture of the "rivets" - knowing what they look like would have helped me. Also, I'll post a pic of the location of the four nuts in the trunk.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm really feeling stuck again. Everything is out according to the instructions here. The shelf wiggles, but doesn't want to move forward at all.
make sure the airbag plastic trim pieces are removed from the corners - I forgot to do this! sorry I haven't checked this forum in a while. Masi was totaled May'21 ~ and I upgraded to a new Ferrari so now i'm on the other chat board =)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Big thanks to D-Gunz_94123, badger15 and Peter_Sweden for these detailed instructions! I know this thread started many years ago, but it was invaluable and the only source of info I found.

I want to add a few clarifications for removing the rear deck. I own a 2007 QP Auto Executive GT. I'm not sure if the differences in my model apply to others. My rear seats can adjust (from passenger doors) but don't have fans or lumbar like the fronts do. I think you can get those features on rear seats too so there may be additional steps for such seats. This works for access to rear shade or in my case, access to the speaker under the rear deck.

- I can confirm that the bolts in trunk are 10mm. (I think D-Gunz had said they were either 10mm or 12mm.) However, I removed the wrong bolts first time around. There are five easily visible 10mm bolts, but you want to remove the four 10mm nuts that are hiding up in the metal holes. I was having the issues badger15 had mentioned - unable to pull out the shelf - but then looked around and finally saw these four hidden out of sight.

- I removed the 3 seat belt holders at the top of the seat area. I'm pretty sure you need to do this in order to get the deck completely out but maybe not. But in my case, I also had to remove the three 17mm bolts holding the seat belts on the floor. I had to do this because I wanted to completely remove the deck and needed the seat belts out of the way.

- If it helps, the two electrical connectors are on the far left side of the deck (as you look out the back window).

The hardest part about this task was getting the side seat bolsters out. I didn't break anything, but as was said earlier in this thread they require BRUTE force. One "rivet" is at the shoulder and one down low. I found it useful to squeeze my hand into these places and pull from behind. I was able to get it to come out about half an inch and then could pull really hard on the top to get it the rest of way out then same on the bottom. Took me 15 minutes to do the first one. 10 mins to do the second one. It's fair to say there was more resting and cursing than actual time spent pulling.

I'll take some pics and attach them in next few days as I reassemble. I know this thread isn't active, but if someone else like me comes along the pics will help. I plan to put up a picture of the "rivets" - knowing what they look like would have helped me. Also, I'll post a pic of the location of the four nuts in the trunk.
it was definitely a pita but wasn't "hard" compared to installing window regulators on my Ferrari ~ the biggest thing to remember is the seats do NOT have to be removed. Make sure you have plenty of lighting for the trunk and do some yoga because your back will be upside down for quite some time!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
~ the biggest thing to remember is the seats do NOT have to be removed. Make sure you have plenty of lighting for the trunk and do some yoga because your back will be upside down for quite some time!!!
Agreed - the back seats do NOT have to be removed. My back won't be good for a week :)

Attaching pictures to clarify where nuts are in trunk that hold rear shade; and of the connectors for the side seat pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Quattroporte Executive GT
258 Posts
Yes, those side seat bolsters are a pain, you really need to pull on them, good to wear some gloves because you don't want to smash your hands when they finally let go. 1 side I broke a rivet but no big deal to fix.
What I haven't seen anyone mention is that you need to separate the rear deck leather to remove the stuff by the top of the rear seats, otherwise it rips very easily.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts