Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my dealer on a 2009 GranTurisimo, telling me that the price I was quoted for a 2009 GT went up from $ 144999 CDN to $159999 CDN, and a GT S from $155000 to $179000 since I put down down my deposit 2 weeks ago. Is this universal?

This makes me want to get a 2009 Vantage instead. Has anyone heard anything else about a new price increase on the GT and GT S? Considering the state of the economy, this doesn't seem like good business sense.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Dealer

It's a dealer old scam. They lure customers with a set price which later they change...in this economy to raise the prices? They are taking a big risk by loosing you and any future clients. I would not deal with such dealer whatsoever.
My oppinion.

·
Registered
402 Posts
US definitely is seeing a 7k increase in price on the GT, this was reported a month or 2 ago. How they could up the price on the GT-S when its a single year run, and now sold out, sounds fishy. The Vantage has always been less then the GT-S, power and cost.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer on a 2009 GranTurisimo, telling me that the price I was quoted for a 2009 GT went up from $ 144999 CDN to $159999 CDN, and a GT S from $155000 to $179000 since I put down down my deposit 2 weeks ago. Is this universal?

This makes me want to get a 2009 Vantage instead. Has anyone heard anything else about a new price increase on the GT and GT S? Considering the state of the economy, this doesn't seem like good business sense.
When the US dollar tanked last year and Canadians started buying their Masers in the US, MNA lowered the Canadian prices on many models to help dealers move them.

Now that the US dollar has recovered, it is no suprise that prices are going back up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The price increase doesn't make sense. I was told the 2008 was selling for 138,000, for 2009 the price was initially 145,000, and now they tell me the price went up to 159,000. So from 2008 to 2009 the increase is 21,000.

The problem is there are only 4 dealers in Canada, so there is not a lot of competition. Any other NAs have any comments? It does make me feel like I am being screwed and I am thinking about getting my deposit back.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The price increase doesn't make sense. I was told the 2008 was selling for 138,000, for 2009 the price was initially 145,000, and now they tell me the price went up to 159,000. So from 2008 to 2009 the increase is 21,000.

The problem is there are only 4 dealers in Canada, so there is not a lot of competition. Any other NAs have any comments? It does make me feel like I am being screwed and I am thinking about getting my deposit back.
And two of those dealers are owned by the same group!

I am not defending the dealers but the US dollar has gone from about par to 1.23 CDN in the past two months. That is your $21K

·
Registered
402 Posts
and 138 to 145 was the 7k they stated initially...my dealer rushed to grab any remaining 2008 GT's, to keep them at original price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in Toronto area and you have no choice but deal with the dealer. With this price of close to 160 thousand and in this economy situation, I think you can get a decent Ferrari F430 in the States and ship it back to to Canada, but Ferrari won't honour the warranty on the US car and you have to go to an independent for service. I bought my 05 GS for around 150 in 2005 from the dealer and in 07, I was told by an independent dealer I can import an US Maserati into Canada and Maserati will honour the warranty on the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts