Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Maserati granturismo S that I bought in November and it has drove awesome and I have put over 4000 miles on it since I bought it but came out three days a go and it would not go in reverse it only says transmission error go to dealer it shifts fine and goes through rest of gears fine with no warning lights on the dash any clue what would cause it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir and it is the f1 transmission it’s parked on level ground all the time never been parked up or down hill since I have owned it I know previous owner just had a whole new transmission installed months before I bought as all paperwork came with car

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, unfortunately the only experience I have with the F1 is from my research when looking to purchase my GT. From what I remember, this seems to happen more often after trans work or a clutch replacement because the computer is so sensitive to the various calibrations. You need a scan tool to read the data like input shaft rpm and such in order to start tracking down the problem.
I would talk to the shop that did the work as it was less than a year ago to see if they warrantee the job.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As suggested, take it back to dealer for them to sort it, given that they (I assume they did it), installed a new tranny. I'd bet it's something software wise, as opposed to mechanical in the tranny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that’s responded I will take it to the dealer that did the transmission all service was done as Ferrari of Atlanta it still drives fine but now won’t even recognize that I’m trying to put in reverse when I press the button it does absolutely nothing don’t even throw they alarm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts