Price: $39,446

VIN: ZAMHL45A590047777
Color: Grigio Touring Metallic
Interior: Bordeaux
16000 miles
4.7L V8
F1 Transmission
Bluetooth, Navigation System, Premium Package, Front and Rear parking sensors

My buddy is selling his 2009 Maserati GranTurismo S with the rare F1 gearbox which it apparently shares with possibly the Ferrari F430 Scuderia and/or 599 GTB. You could only get this transmission for a very limited time where most GranTurismos have ZF torque converter automatics. I'm sure most of the folks on this forum know this stuff. The 4.7 liter engine is one of the best sounding motors I've ever heard really. I will say this car is gorgeous in person. Another highlight is the rear seat area can fit actual adults unlike most of the lifestyle GT coupes. The Bordeaux interior is a great contrast with the silver exterior and makes this coupled with the larger motor and F1 gearbox quite a rare specimen. I don't have production information to say this is a 1 of 1 car but if there are more of this spec than you could count on your hand I would be extremely shocked. I would welcome info on that from a member or few here. He is selling to move into something less expensive so he can save for a house. I've never owned a Maserati, so yes I did join for the purpose of listing this, but I've doing the car forum thing for going on what's gotta be like 17 years or more now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the car. Seems like you're a little overpriced. Not sure how much the f1 transmission is worth to people. Also, how does a car with 16k miles have 6 owners?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw you edited your post. Maybe you were thinking of non-S cars? As far as owners I would guess the number gets inflated by any dealer having a car in their name so any time it was owned by a dealership and offered for sale it probably counts as an owner even if the car wasn't actually used much or owned by an individual.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Love the car. Seems like you're a little overpriced. Not sure how much the f1 transmission is worth to people. Also, how does a car with 16k miles have 6 owners?
It's not polite to bash the price of someone's ad. :frown2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize, I should've elaborated. Didn't see anyone commenting on the thread, the market for used maserati's is all over the place. Depending on how bad he needs to sell, more aggressive pricing would move the car pretty quick. It's a beautiful vehicle with low miles.

·
Registered
805 Posts
For me, the F1 GranTurismo is the one to buy. More of an experience driving with F1 trans and the interior looks way better without the gear lever in the center console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny that with the previous Gen so many talk so poorly of the automated gearbox. So Maserati used the very good ZF for the next gen, but now people like the rarity of the F1 cars.....

I don’t think it is bashing to point out a car maybe priced high. Forums are a great resource to vet listings and get a feel for markets. Obviously things need to stay civil.

Car is one of 300, but rare doesn’t always mean valuable.
Many are turned off by worries of clutch cost and others simply want a GT, not a huge sports car.

I currently am casually in the market for a new car and then the 09 S is high on the list.
I will be perfectly honest, they asking price is too high for me to engage about the car. We are miles apart.

Maybe it was just a “shoot the moon” price or one picked out of thin air thinking what the car “feels” like it should be worth. If that is the case, please feel free to reach out and let’s see if we can make a deal.

I would hope you have taken a look at some of the other cars on the market and even looked at a few auction results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently am casually in the market for a new car and then the 09 S is high on the list.
I will be perfectly honest, they asking price is too high for me to engage about the car. We are miles apart.

Maybe it was just a “shoot the moon” price or one picked out of thin air thinking what the car “feels” like it should be worth. If that is the case, please feel free to reach out and let’s see if we can make a deal.

I would hope you have taken a look at some of the other cars on the market and even looked at a few auction results.
Did you want to make an offer on the car or just trash the price? What is the point of coming here and trying to poison the well instead of just PMing or e-mailing an offer? The low miles and the fact that it's an S put the price higher than whatever cheap 2008 base cars are selling for 28k. Seller is motivated and entertaining offers. Why not put your hat in the ring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not bashing it at all.
Simply pointing out it is not in keeping with the market. This dialogue can be helpful for others in the market to buy, or a seller that is "brokering" a car they might not know a lot about.

I did think about making a go at this specific car.
As I researched it, there were a few deal breakers for me.
A few of them really should have been included in a proper listing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I passed on an 09 S last year even though it had a recent clutch. Love the idea of the 599 gearbox, hate the thought of repairs. Still I'd love to have one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend got the car back from a major overhaul totaling over $12,000. New clutch, new cam variators, new power steering pump, belts, full service with spark plugs, etc etc. Super fresh for a new owner. I'll detail it all below. New mileage is 17,400 and slowly rising. New price is $37,000. I think it's pretty fair given all that just went into it plus the low mileage and rarity. I've attached a breakdown of recent work for legibility along with a gallery of service records during his time with the car. Feel free to reach out directly with any questions or concerns. [email protected]

- - -
  • Clutch
    • Clutch assembly 2,430.62
    • Throw out bearing 850.00
    • Labor 1,575.00,
    • Total of 4,855.62
  • Variator job
    • Labor 3,500.00
    • Valve cover gasket 60.28
    • Valve cover gasket 63.73
    • Timing cover gasket 29.18
    • Front engine seal 26.58
    • 18310 seals 5.78
    • Check valves 433.38
    • Variators 918.46
    • Total of 5,037.39
  • Power steering pump
    • Part 621.41
  • Other items
    • Rear main seal 120.00
    • One liter hydraulic fluid 28.00
    • Serpentine belt 62.10
    • Serpentine belt 151.00
    • Spark plug seals 40.32
    • Spark plugs 236.00
    • Belt tensioner 56.32
    • Air filter 116.00
    • Power steering fluid 12.00
    • Hydraulic fluid 46.00
    • Motor oil 108.00
    • Oil filter 45.00
    • Sales tax 579.16
    • Sales tax 18.41
    • Environmental 18.00

·
Registered
805 Posts
Was that an engine out service? Real heck of a deal now. If only I were in the market for a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts