Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an advance look of the "Save the Date" card for the 2009 Italian Concours this year (sponsored by Cats Exotics)! As you have probably heard by now, this years featured marque will be "All Italian Competition Vehicles". We should have quite an array of racing cars at the show! Everything from OSCA to Ferrari's to Maserati's and Alfa's! Even Lamborghini's! :) Not to mention some racing Motorcycles as well!

Cards are at the printers as we speak, and should go out in the mail shortly.

Thanks once again to Cats Exotics, Lamborghini Bellevue, Park Place, Maserati Club International, NW FIAT club and all the others who have already signed up as sponsors and vendors.

Things are really coming together! Its amazing to note that despite the economic downturn, every single vendor and sponsor we had last year, has indicated they will be back again this year! You have to love that!!!

Sunday, Sept. 6th 2009 @ the City of Des Moines Marina:
http://www.italianconcours.org

See everyone soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
italian cars

Sounds like a lovely event Mike, we have saved the day

I saw photos of cars that I had not seen in 30-40 years, like those 500 ... my father used to own a 600 when I was 2-8 years old .. I remember a trip from Tuscany to Marche through Umbria in the Appennines, the back seat would not stand because we had too much luggage in the back, so my 3 years brother and I, aged 5, had to hold it up the entire time

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a lovely event Mike, we have saved the day

I saw photos of cars that I had not seen in 30-40 years, like those 500 ... my father used to own a 600 when I was 2-8 years old .. I remember a trip from Tuscany to Marche through Umbria in the Appennines, the back seat would not stand because we had too much luggage in the back, so my 3 years brother and I, aged 5, had to hold it up the entire time
Yes, those cars were a big hit! Especially with the "younger" crowd! When I was over interviewing some of the owners, I kept hearing these teenage girls telling their parents: "Mom, Dad, I want one of those!!!" classic! That's the whole reason we put on this Concours! To show the general public what currently is available from Italy, and what what the history was.

I ran into another couple on Saturday that just took delivery of a 2007 Quattroporte! They were down at Griot's Garage in Fife stocking up on wax and stuff. Stunning White exterior w/ Tan interior. They loved it!!!! I think they said they owned it for about 2 months.

By the way, if you PM me your "address", I'll get you on our database and send you an official "Save the Date" card, and you'll get an application in the mail also when we send those out the 2nd week of June.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I will be there Mike. New owner here and I am looking forward to the event.
Just need to get the car delivered from the east coast and safely in my garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts