Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what i think is a simple question. I ust purchased the above stated car and cannot seem to work the I-Pod thru the main stereo unit other than to get sound out the speakers and control the volume. Is there a way to be able to shuffle thru the song lists, or even just skip/replay a song, without reaching into the glove box? I find it difficullt to believe a car this advanced is this far behind in controls for ipods. Am i missing something, perhaps a jack or something. I connect vial two wired (one to the usb port, the other to the aux jack - both located in the glove box.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually is a usb pport and an auxilary jack. wouldnt call it an ipod connection. but oddlot enough my 2009 dodge charger does and the stereo in that is phenomenal. all controls for the ipod. is truely perfect. i prob woould be less upset if the dodge did not have the functionality. but since it does and i cant seem to fiogure out if the maserati does or dooesnt, well lets just say it is a disapointment if it doesnt

·
Registered
494 Posts
Replace it with a Kenwood double-din unit (dnx-8120, or the new version available sometime in the spring), way more features including full ipod control, bluetooth, sat, nav, dvd. As long as you take it to the right shop,(Car Tunes if you're near Ga.) it can be integrated to look factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will it still work eveything like the original does (i.e. the nav, the tele, the trip computer, etc?

·
Registered
402 Posts
will it still work eveything like the original does (i.e. the nav, the tele, the trip computer, etc?
doubt steering wheel controls will work, and kills your resale. The stock radio pretty much has it all, minus full ipod integration, but thats where the 30GB drive comes in handy, even more convenient then an ipod ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ii am wondering why maserati cant have some sort of firmware upgrade. basically the head unit is a computer in disguise. with the usb port i am curious why someone doesnt come up with some way to adjust the software, firmware. the only complaint i have is it would be wonderful to be able to shufle songs and skip , rewind, etc when i have the pod attached. that and when i turn off the car if the ipod would also turn off. seems like it sshould be an easy upgrade from the factory via a hookup or something. no??? anyone have a thought on this. i.e. is there a reason it couldnt be done?

·
Registered
402 Posts
ii am wondering why maserati cant have some sort of firmware upgrade. basically the head unit is a computer in disguise. with the usb port i am curious why someone doesnt come up with some way to adjust the software, firmware. the only complaint i have is it would be wonderful to be able to shufle songs and skip , rewind, etc when i have the pod attached. that and when i turn off the car if the ipod would also turn off. seems like it sshould be an easy upgrade from the factory via a hookup or something. no??? anyone have a thought on this. i.e. is there a reason it couldnt be done?
I agree 100%. They need to take advantage of the new technology, and update the features as they are developed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so we are in agreeance. Any way to contact maserati and make the suggestion? i would thnik they would want feedback on how to make their cars better? and it seems to me that this would , should be something that is very do-able. I am not interestied in changing the stereo, just upping its usablilty factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.