Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a preowned 2008 Quattroporte. I am really enjoying the power, the ride and the look of the car so far. That being said I seem to have a fair amount of the seemingly “standard” Maserati problems. One of the more persistent issues is that I am getting the EPB malfunction. I took it to the dealer after reading some of the information on this form and after performing a “hard reset” and attempting to clear the codes through my Altus. They told me that while they could communicate with the module that they could not get it to activate.

The parking brake itself does not function. However if I am driving and pull up on the button the emergency brake applies. On my Altus it shows roughly 6 volts at the module. I am not sure if this is the proper reading or not. Before I replace the $800 EPB module I have two questions. One, is that the most likely issue? The dealer tells me they have a ton of problems with them and two, if I order a new one from Scuderia is it plug and play or does it need to be programmed? Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I get this figured out I can move on to some other annoying issues!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I'm not familiar with that scan tool ,but I'm not sure you can trust its readings as far as voltage or data...What faults are you getting? I don't find many problems with EBP actuator at all unless they get soaked in water from a truck leak..The EBP actuator is not plug and play as you need the proper software to put it into service mode etc. to adjust the shoes...Biggest problem with the EBP is worn out or broke parking brake shoes....Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,

Thanks for the reply, I've been reading some of your other posts and hoped this would catch your eye! My scan tool is the Autel MS906, I typed in the wrong name. I am getting two codes for the brakes. The first is C1313, which is a missing CAN message - no symptoms and the other is C155A which is EPB system calibration error - invalid signal. The module looks pristine, no leaks or anything in the trunk. Like I stated in the previous post, if I pull up the button while driving the emergency brake does apply and brings the car to a stop. Would those codes be caused by low/broken parking brake shoes? Since they apply and I don' t hear or feel any grinding I would assume that they are low as opposed to broken. The car does have almost 70k on it and based upon the way the rims were banged up and the fact that it was a Florida car I wouldn't doubt if it was driven with the parking brakes applied (if that is possible on that car). Is there some sort of sensor on the parking brake that sends a wear signal? Like some sort of resistor or something? Maybe that is why I am only reading the low voltage on the scan tool? I can go into the module and see it being "activated" when I pull up on the button so I am assuming that the signal is being sent. After reading other posts it seems like this may be the case but I am surprised the dealer didn't tell me that when I took it in to have them diagnose it. On another note, my TPMS light is on. I replaced all of my sensors (low batteries) and they are all programmed. Light was still on. I did the old "hard reset" and the light actually went out for a couple of days and showed my the tire pressures on the dash like it should then it came back on. Does this sound like the module? The dealer said that they couldn't communicate with it and I come up with a P0100 _ ECO error - no information available under the TPMS. Sounds like it could be a module to me but I just wanted to run it by you. I've tried to unplug it and reset it again but it doesn't go out. When I try to calibrate it the light flashes and then says calibration failed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Damn, one thing at a time..The C1313...Look in the other modules and see if you have any faults for that one...The parking shoes are not your problem for a CAN fault...That is a communication issue.. On the TPMS...Yes, the modules go bad sometimes.. Post should be in QP section BTW....Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts