Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've purchased this 2008 QP: Maserati : Quattroporte Maserati : Quattroporte | eBay

This is my second QP. I had one brand new in 2006 and it was a bag of the problem. I really hope this time I'll be more lucky.

I've been able to lower the price to 60k (pre-tax). I think it's reasonable...

So the warranty expires in February and I have few questions:

1. What's better to buy a 3rd party extended warranty (4k/2 years) or to get a Maserati CPO.
2. How much would be a Maserati CPO for 2008 QP with 30k miles on it?
3. Before it expires can I ask Maserati dealer to check the car and fix anything that might need a service?
4. I had the same problem with the previous QP and not sure if it's covered by warranty - the mirror adjustment joystick is not working at all. Is it a warranty case?
5. Do you think I would have my warranty voided if I install 3rd party navigation on it?

Also I'm looking for a few upgrades, what would be the best way:

1. To install iPod cable and/or XM Radio
2. Install new (facelifted) bumpers and head/tail lights?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hello,So the warranty expires in February and I have few questions:

1. What's better to buy a 3rd party extended warranty (4k/2 years) or to get a Maserati CPO.
2. How much would be a Maserati CPO for 2008 QP with 30k miles on it?
3. Before it expires can I ask Maserati dealer to check the car and fix anything that might need a service?
4. I had the same problem with the previous QP and not sure if it's covered by warranty - the mirror adjustment joystick is not working at all. Is it a warranty case?
5. Do you think I would have my warranty voided if I install 3rd party navigation on it?
You would not be able to get the CPO based on what you mentioned. A CPO is only offered on vehicles directly sold by an authorized dealer (not by a private party), and the car must have been serviced by authorized dealers before.

If you live in the Dominican Republic, you would need to find an extended warranty that works in this country.

The car looks gorgeous. The price is ok.

Did you have a professional inspect the car prior to the purchase (PPI)?

You can certainly go to an authorized dealer and ask them to check the car. If they find something that is covered under the warranty, they will fix it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I looked and called all over the place and did NOT find a company willing to offer a 3rd party warranty, so i don't think you'll have much luck but maybe in the DR you can?

If I were you, I would call my factory authorized dealer and see if they can sell you a CPO. It's certainly not the norm, but they do have the power to sell you one if they get the car in their hands and do an inspection. The CPO itself is around 2500 US. I almost went down that route but the warranty on mine was already expired so that killed the deal.

I would call my dealer, I think that is your best bet.

Good luck with the new car!

Jim

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
SilverCi, good suggestion - certainly worth trying. It would also not hurt if the dealer knew that they would likely be gettIng the service and warranty related business...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one is in Miami, I had the other one in the DR. I've been offered a 3rd party warranty for 2 years for 4k. But I want to try to get a real one. Will take it to the dealer later this week. Will let you know if it worked out well :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
There is at least one place willing to do extended warranty. Cost is about 4500 and I would rate it as not worth the paper it is written on. Lots of random reasons, but the most is that they require you to prove the problem is not existing or related to improper maintenance.

As for the ipod, the best way is to use it as a "replacement" for the cd changer. Just make sure you ground it properly, use the ground cable as supplied from the head unit (NIT) to the changer. There is a vendor selling a kit but it is not setup right for the quattroporte and if you just ground to the chassis it will cause an alternator whine. Mine is perfectly silent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts