Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the auto show and was disturbed to see that Maserati didnt show. No Quatroporte, no Granturismo, no nothing. What a missed opportunity. Talk about a company that seems to be having an identity crisis. Do they want to market to the masses or not? If they do, they missed the boat here. There was even a Granturismo S in New York at the NYC Ferrari/Maserati showroom.

By the way, Lambo, Porsche, and Bentley all had large displays, and through Manhattan Motorcars, Spyker, Rolls, and Lotus were represented. Saleen had a massive display.

What gives? :confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
mixed feelings on that one...

I want the company to thrive... but I like it that they are a little "smug"..... a fine line...

·
Registered
71 Posts
ok!

This is the story I got! It costs each Ferrari dealer a certin amount to go to the show that's why they are not there. The two go hand in hand now a days so I think thats why Maserati is not there. The dealers are sick of footing the bill. Plus I understand that the cars get fucked up one night of the show. I know that sum might read this and say BS but it's true. But this is what I have heard!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Maserati NA sent out a private invitation to view the Granturismo S at the dealership in NY as an alternative.

Personally, I enjoyed the auto shows more when ferrari & maserati were showing together. At the last 2 shows in Los Angeles, Maserati was way in the back corner next to very common cars. I was told this was done to promote availability of the car to more common car buyers.

I've always felt they should be in the area as Ferrari, and with their recent change, at least along side the Bentley and Aston Martin sections.

At least Maserati had a rope around their display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts