Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Gts ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EXTERIOR
- 500+/- HP
- same exterior (no chrome anywhere)
- 2"drop
- 6 piston brakes yellow or blue calipers w/ Huge upgraded rotors
INTERIOR
- carbon fiber aluminum trimmed accents
- yellow stiching (new option) Sport seats (alcantara/leather)

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
835 Posts
EXTERIOR
- 500+/- HP
- 2"drop
INTERIOR

Can anyone confirm?
first time hearing about it. will definitely trade-in the porsche for this :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
EXTERIOR
- 500+/- HP
- 2"drop
INTERIOR

Can anyone confirm?
I do not believe in this.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Of the speculated enhancements, which do you think might be retrofitted to and/or modified on an existing QP Sport?

·
Registered
278 Posts
please, please let this be true! And let them do the same thing with the Granturismo...........most reviews agree that the GranTurismo is extremely sexy, can transport 4 people (although trunk is tiny for the size of the car) but is a bit of a disappointment in the adrenaline/fun department...it needs an upgraded motor and a DS gearbox for people who were Maserati clients before this or want a sports car.....
then choosing between the QP GTS and Granturismo GTS is not an easy task....I hope to be faced with that problem soon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
793 Posts
can transport 4 people
I assume you have not sat in that car!

Those rear seats are good for kids or those who have lost their legs!

..it needs an upgraded motor and a DS gearbox for people who were Maserati clients before this or want a sports car.....
The comments from those at FofSF were that a DS is doubtful in this model. Since the sales ship was sinking in the QP with the DS it appears they want the BMW and Mercedes buyers!

It does have paddles for shifting, however.

Novitec already has tremendous upgrades for the QP which include an ECU remap. Take a look at those.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i still cannot imagine maserati would have a 2008 MASERATI Quattroporte Sport GTS.

(i m in denial, as my 05 QP will depreciate even more if this is true).

i like to believe they have, but really, i doubt it. my reasons:
1) 500hp is in the territory of the 612 Scaglietti. (540hp) and very close to the F430 (490hp). it is even higher than the 8C (450hp) and much higher than the GT. is it possible they worked the current engine (4.2) or the 4.7 into 500hp for maserati?
2) this will very much piss off the buyers who just spec'd out a GT. they will feel they are 100hp short.
3) product planning - they just release the QP Automatica last year at 400hp. this will very much piss off all those new owners. they also need to show off their spyder soon.

of course, we can see on the other perspective that
1) 500hp is common place for M5 and E63. maserati was behind anyways.
2) the GT is a different car anyways. the owners might just need a four door ;)
3) the QP Automatica owners are a different breed anyways (soccer mom??). they dont care about the hp, and they dont know how to work the DS anyways... and as well, it's about time to update the QP. the factory should be focusing on pumping out GT in fall 2007 anyways, so they can get the orders in for this QP GTS for spring 2008 as a 2008 MY...

well, all in all i think this rumor comes too sudden. ( one source, no where else from automotive journals, etc). does maserati have the ability to push out a 2008 MASERATI Quattroporte Sport GTS with 500hp and ready for delivery for the 2008 model year?

we will wait for the Frankfurt autoshow.
i think historically maserati likes to showoff new stuff at Geneva in March, and then production for the next model year. but the QP was debut in Frankfurt in 2003... so who knows. if there are really upgrades to the current QP line, i am predicting for MY 2008, a slightly restyled front and rear bumpers (as in those spy pics) and perhaps hp hike (470hp maximum, but 450hp more likely). i doubt the 2" drop.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have seen, been in etc the Granturismo and know almost every inch of that car. It seats me, my wife and 2 kids perfectly well....4 big adults is maybe only for short distances but no worse than most coupes on the market today....trunk is undersized for vacation trips with the family though

Rumor in several places is that the DS is dropped for the QP from MY08....I can only hope that this is since they are preparing a more hard-core version of the QP. If not Maserati indeed has gone 100% luxury and is completely turning its back on its former client base that basically wanted a quasi exotic daily driver.

The Granturimo is a stunning car and most people love its looks but it was no surprise that the negative press comments would come on the adrenaline front. 405hp for that weight and an automatic is for a different type of client indeed...I was told by senior people at Maserati that there would be a more sportive version of the Granturismo but they could/would not commit on a date.....probably depends on the success of the automatic 405hp version...

The current V8 is 7 years old. The F430 is probably in its last 12-18 months. The Scagletti 540Hp is not build any longer I believe.....there seems to be building a window for an upgrade at Maserati.....Moreover they are no longer controlled by Ferrari and wouldn't the next Maserati V8 be the source for the next Ferrari F490 ?

I don't care too much about the 2' drop....

So still crossing my finger for 470+, DS versions of both QP and Granturismo...maybe wishful thinking indeed

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have seen, been in etc the Granturismo and know almost every inch of that car. It seats me, my wife and 2 kids perfectly well....4 big adults is maybe only for short distances but no worse than most coupes on the market today....trunk is undersized for vacation trips with the family though

Rumor in several places is that the DS is dropped for the QP from MY08....I can only hope that this is since they are preparing a more hard-core version of the QP. If not Maserati indeed has gone 100% luxury and is completely turning its back on its former client base that basically wanted a quasi exotic daily driver.

The Granturimo is a stunning car and most people love its looks but it was no surprise that the negative press comments would come on the adrenaline front. 405hp for that weight and an automatic is for a different type of client indeed...I was told by senior people at Maserati that there would be a more sportive version of the Granturismo but they could/would not commit on a date.....probably depends on the success of the automatic 405hp version...

The current V8 is 7 years old. The F430 is probably in its last 12-18 months. The Scagletti 540Hp is not build any longer I believe.....there seems to be building a window for an upgrade at Maserati.....Moreover they are no longer controlled by Ferrari and wouldn't the next Maserati V8 be the source for the next Ferrari F490 ?

I don't care too much about the 2' drop....

So still crossing my finger for 470+, DS versions of both QP and Granturismo...maybe wishful thinking indeed
All good points but I'd look to Alfa for the next possible engine for the QP.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ferrari

has announced the F460 V10 to replace the 430 and it will have 580bhp. The new rc8 alfa is more upscale than the masers.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
ferrari has announced the F460 V10 to replace the 430 and it will have 580bhp. The new rc8 alfa is more upscale than the masers.
???
sorry, but can you post the link to this ferrari press release?
or details to this 'annoucement'.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was reading this post and i was wondering the power quoted is very similar to what leo nardo was quoting for their stage 4 tune up.

"Step 1 308 KW / 420 HP - 475 Nm - Stainless steel exhaust system, modification of ECU,sports air filters
Step 2 316 KW / 430 HP - 478 Nm - Stainless steel exhaust system, modification of ECU,sports air filters, patented fuel cooling system
Step 3 323 KW / 440 HP - 485 Nm - Stainless steel exhaust system, modification of ECU,sports air filters, patented fuel cooling system, modification of cam shaft port timing
Step 4 386 KW / 525 HP - 498 Nm Increment of displacemant to 4,7 litres, modifikation of motronic (ECU), 2x200 cell sport metal catalysts, patented fuel cooling system, high flow canal optimized and polished cylinder head, modified valves, ball polished connection rods, sports cam shaft, optimized intake manifold, weight reduced crank shaft, optimized manifold, sports exhaust system"

http://www.dimex-group.com/index.php?id=1683&L=1
I heard that they are expensive but does it really do that much?
Because then there is not need to wait for the GTS to come out as you can have it by upgrading with the leo nardo stage 4 kit.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts