Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone
Newbie installing control arm bushings from maseratinet,
there are two black bushing for upper control arm they are notched and the rubber is very soft I can push the two metal parts together on the half and they touch with very little pressure is this right?

Also there are three different widths of bushings

please advise

ps
2008 maserati quattroporte

Thank you all in advance!

Ecko299

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You are officially killing me...I already answered this question this week and you want to jump in a make a hot mess of everything..If you slow down and use the search function on here most of all your questions will be answered...I find it amazing why they came up with that feature...:wink2:....Jason

·
Registered
233 Posts
You are officially killing me...I already answered this question this week and you want to jump in a make a hot mess of everything..If you slow down and use the search function on here most of all your questions will be answered...I find it amazing why they came up with that feature...:wink2:....Jason
Thanks Jason, while I have read over a dozen threads on this control bushing, and I do appreciate your advice to check with Formula Dynamics, I just thought the OP might have another source or recent advice. No offense to you intended, you are a great help to all of us on this forum. I'm just having trouble swallowing the outrageous price of repair parts for this vehicle.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
No worries...Not a lot of sources for aftermarket parts for a lot of items on these cars so you are forced to use OE stuff and they have you...Small manufacture so the companies have no interest..If you think these parts are expensive, go get a price for an interior part like a sunvisor etc....You'll fall over...Jason

·
Registered
186 Posts
One thing I would like to know(and i'm sure other members here would too) is interchangeable part numbers from other vehicles that use the same size bushings to avoid paying the outrageous prices just because these simple parts are labeled with the Maserati brand name. I'm not talking about cheap quality chinese ones either but factory OEM or aftermarket quality ones for other vehicles that fit the 05-07 QPs. You need a good amount of bushings if you were replacing all of them all the way around....it adds up quick at "Maserati Brand" prices. I will say this... alot of various parts branded as New Genuine Maserati car parts on eBay that are branded and packaged as Genuine Maserati parts are from Manufacturers/suppliers who do not even deal with Maserati... they just copy/manufacturer the part(s) and replicate the "Maserati" packaging/boxes/stickers... so in reality you could be getting bad quality parts even though they are sold/packaged as New Genuine Maserati Parts. Some red flags are: when the seller doesn't have "Maserati" noted in the brand section of their item, purposely misspell "Maserati" in their listing or have the Maserati Part Number all crammed together with punctuation symbols and/or words in the title with no spacing so their listings are not easily detected....all while showing beautiful Maserati Parts packaged in what appears to be genuine Maserati packaging. There's also chinese sellers that do not even try to hide it because honestly it's hard to even tell bc they have the "replicating process" mastered in todays world for everything. So.... if anyone does have the inside scoop on some competitively priced factory interchangeable ones for other vehicles or aftermarket ones that would fit the 05-07 QP....AND you can vouch for the quality please share. Do they exist..I know they do, it's just a matter of who knows... a business/reseller who's cashing in on this "secret" knowledge OR a DIY'er like myself or someone that works on these cars, that is willing to share it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
....a similar example on a smaller scale is the Maserati window regulator "cable repair kits" you see on eBay. You have a couple sellers that have niched the Maserati market with these and you will pay a lot more bc they have the knowledge of the length of each of the 3 cables needed for each window regulator on the Maserati. Many props to them because I love entreprenuership and the convenience and cost vs paying for a whole new window regulator appeases me. Could I easily make my own cables by taking out the other window regulator(that are not chewed up and kinked) and measure/make them...absolutely but I prefer not to spend the time doing it and this is a cost of convenience I don't mind paying. Now would I like to know what other car makes out there use the same length window regulator cables as my QP and pay $10-$15 vs $60-$120, off course but for the amount of money involved its worth it and this would probably be a little more difficult finding out(at least for me).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts