Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Im looking seriously at a 2007 Auto QP Sport GT. It had done about 6,000klms.

Has anyone had any persistant problems with a similar vehicle? Any nagging issues?

Im coming over from the Germans so I am just a bit worried about reliability.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm sure someone with a QP can fill in the blanks, but generally:

Motor is generally very reliable.
The Automatic in the QP is a ZF unit which is being used in the bigger BMWs (7 Series etc.). Which should prove to be very reliable.

General Shortcomings are the lack of electronic gadgets i.e. no decent Nav, poor quality stereo, lack of Bluetooth, and very difficult to upgrade with aftermarket pieces.

However, I find that the quality of the interior makes up for it - the Masers are just a wonderful place to sit and soak in the ambiance.

Overall, not unhappy with my Spyder, but my BMW is the Daily Driver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nick,
I've got a 2007 QP Sport GT that I took delivery of in November of 2006. The car just turned 12,000 miles and I can't say enough good things about it. The finish is still nearly as new, the interior looks like it has never been sat in and the car has proven as reliable as my previous 2000 BMW 740i. Other than needing a small interior trim piece the car has had no unscheduled trips to the dealer.
I did replace the 20" wheels with 19" ones about 3000 miles ago because on our pothole infested Pennsylvania roads it is way to easy to tweak one of those 20 inchers. The 20" Pirelli rear tires only last about 10,000 miles anyway, so it was a good time to change them out.
I've had lots of nice cars, but this is the best one yet, in fact I replaced my 2003 Porsche C4S and the 740i with the QP as my daily driver. I don't miss the Porsche at all.
Hope this helps.
TW

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 07 QP Sport GT. Busted the rims on a pothole. Otherwise fit with 4500 miles on it. Have never gotten as many compliments with any car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
General Shortcomings are the lack of electronic gadgets i.e. no decent Nav, poor quality stereo, lack of Bluetooth, and very difficult to upgrade with aftermarket pieces.
^^^ all of that is overrated/soon-dated and broken junk anyway; thank God Maser left all of that out and kept it pure and elegant.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im coming over from the Germans so I am just a bit worried about reliability.
I'd just like to add that I hardly consider the current German cars paragons of reliability. My C4S lunched its motor at 11,000 miles and my 2004 X5 spent more days in the shop with electrical problems than you would ever believe. German cars are living off of their past reputation and Italian cars are still slighted for theirs. These days it just ain't so. Besides all of these manufacturers use the same component suppliers anyway.
Go for the QP and enjoy the good will that it generates from all who see it.
Plus you just can't beat the soundtrack of a QP Sport GT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 05 with 17k and have not had any problems but the f1 bearing which was coverd by the warranty. i heard the autos are good to go. good luck and its a great purchase

·
Registered
695 Posts
To the OP:

A Duo-Select QP with 75K miles.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178118

"The QP has been fantastic; never stranded me, minimal warranty work and actually turned out to be one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned; certainly among the exotic and high end ones anyhow. Just doing the second clutch now, original F1 Pump and only one brake pad replacement. I've driven it hard but no track time - but I do a lot of freeway and road trip easy on the car type driving. It has never experienced winter, and all of its miles are in manual mode. I usually get rid of cars before now but just couldn't part with this one; still can't in fact; so I'm retiring it (putting it out for stud?) but keeping it and have ordered something else for daily driver status...

I had a water pump failure (which is like 10 hours labor!) that was covered under warranty. Otherwise no issues. Went through lots of tires. I do drive it very aggressively and always in manual mode (probably fewer than 50 miles in Automatic mode out of 75K). But yes, lots of highway miles, little stop and go. I expected a lot of problems being one of the earliest deliveries in the U.S. but it has been magnificent in all ways. I think it will go down in my history book as my favorite car ever."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts