Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all and thanks for taking the time to read the post.
I have one of the issues and the main one as stated above, when I go to start the car in the morning in takes me at least 3 min to turning the ignition off and on to try and start it, it just makes a click noise and everything goes blank as should as if tho its about to start but it wont crank. Also I noticed previously if I tried to start the car and it failed the ignition would lock and not let me to turn over the key unless I turned it all the way off to position 1, now it doesn't matter I can just keep going from ignition on in 2nd position to 3rd without having to turn it back to position 1 all the way off. If anyone has any idea or experienced anything similar please let me know. Also I am from up north weather here in morning is about 30°. Also, once I get it started Its not a problem starting it unless it cools all the way down maybe over 5 hrs or so...
P.S. I will not bother going to dealer because, I was just there to have them adjust my headlamps hence the headlamp leveling light is on, and what they told me is I have to buy new lights 8,800 for pair and then we go from there. LOL. Anyways thanks for your time and would appreciate any tips and or help. Thanks! And have a wonderful day all!

·
Super Moderator
4,406 Posts
Check the negative terminal on the battery. I've had similar symptoms, although not so severe.

Could also be that your ignition switch is failing.

C

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye just got out this morning and I jerked the key up down left right and it started pretty much right away after that. But again, after trying to turn it over up to 50x. . So I guess I'll try doing that first thing tomorrow see if that may be the cause. But I just bought new battery the other day and it seemed to start easier right after I replaced it but second day same crap. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
4,406 Posts
From that my money would be on the ignition switch failing. This has been seen before.

C

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye, when i turn it of/on quick and harder it tends to start cranking sooner. I already looked and the ignition lock is around 150 so probably gonna be ordering that soon. If I wil and it fixes. I will make sure to update the page for future references.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just mind blowing how it only does that when it cools all the way down at over 5+ hrs. . Oh well, I guess we'll see. Thanks for the replies my friends!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts