Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an on going issue with my headlamps. The headlamp leveling light is on and I was wondering if any of you had any similar issues/fixes, and if so can you please fill me in? Yes, I had them taken off for some paint work and put them back on but they are the original headlamps, but the light was on ever since I got the car. Bought it with a cracked front bumper underneath so it was taken apart before me. I just fixed the bumper had it repainted and put together.
I took it to dealer and they want 8,800 to replace both lamps and then go from there. That was almost what I bought the car for!!! They also broke my driver window motor while (servicing the car) so am not going back to any Maserati dealer service. is there any alternative choice? I read somewhere Chrysler owned Maserati now? Would they be able to diagnose and realign the lights? Any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Its 4am sorry for all the run ons. Thanks in advance and taking the time to read or answer! Best regards.

·
Super Moderator
4,018 Posts
Not so sure, but on a Coupe the first suspect would be the little sensors on the OS suspension. The ball joints seize and then snap meaning they can't auto calibrate / level. Cheap and easy fix but may not solve your issue.

C

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Catmanv2. Already checked both front and rear lamp adjustment joints and they seem fine.
@Jason that's unfortunate:/ because this a 07 quattroporte I dont have new ferrari money like the dealerships like to charge at those places so I'm stuck on my own:/ but anyways, that's why I brought it there to atleast get some codes on what's wrong, and they typed in a code for a passenger airbag and some other code I forgot what it was, that I have no issues with or any lights going off for!
So like previously mentioned dealer service is out of question for me. But I read somewhere if you unplugged the lights and put them on you will already need to do reprogramming which I'm guessing is all I need! But I need to find a reasonable service on the east cost even if it's a 6 hr drive I'm fine with it, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the reply guys!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea on how to look for one? Do I google Maserati service shops and call to ask if their independent or is there another way? Or do I try to look for shops that work on Maserati,s that are not actual maserati shops? Sorry for such a stupid question, me and my dad own a shop so we usually do all the work ourselves but this particular one just can't go about to figuring it out myself. Thanks for all the advice! Best of regards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
  1. Thanks for the tip Jason.
  2. @catman is there anywhere specific I should ask about? I mean which forum page exactly would be better? Thanks in advance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts