Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 maserati quattroporte autamatica and can of soda spilled on center console now i have epb warning light on to got to dealer. I took apart the console and removed the epb parking brake switch and cleaned it up. Is there any way of clearing fault for epb or do i have to go to dealer for this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have 2007 maserati quattroporte autamatica and can of soda spilled on center console now i have epb warning light on to got to dealer. I took apart the console and removed the epb parking brake switch and cleaned it up. Is there any way of clearing fault for epb or do i have to go to dealer for this.
Spray the connectors, switches with a can of electric contact cleaner.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Cleaning faults on M139 can be done with a foxwell nt520 pro for example.

That's the cheapest DIY scanner solution as far as i know... Maybe someone near you has a scanning tool?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
There are lots of cheaper OBD devices that will clear faults. Whether it will clear an EPB fault is a different matter.

Alessio have you tried the Foxwell on the EPB systems?

C

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are lots of cheaper OBD devices that will clear faults. Whether it will clear an EPB fault is a different matter.

Alessio have you tried the Foxwell on the EPB systems?

C

sorry - of course you are right. i meant one of those scanners with special Maserati features.

yes - EPB Elec. Parking brake control unit is supported.
i had an error "Parking Brake CAN Message Error" and erased it with my foxwell.

Feautre-list attached

Alessio

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Cool, good to know.

There have been reports of non-Maserati scanners lunching EPB modules in the UK, however. Tread with caution.

C

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pardon for hijacking an old thread, but I just ran into a similar issue as the OP. I was attempting to clean up the sticky finish of the console trim and must have shorted out the EPB switch in the process.

I pulled it out and cleaned it, plugged it back in but every time I try to clear the EPB fault with my Foxwell NT520, it comes right back on.

Is it possible the switch is really toast after a small amount of soapy water? If I buy a replacement switch and plug it in, I should be able to clear the EPB fault with the NT520?

If I manually unlock the EPB so I can move the car, will I really need to head to the dealership? Is there a recalibration that is then required?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to update where things are at with my EPB. I went out to the car a few days after posting this and everything just worked...

I drove the car a bit for a few weeks and randomly the fault came back and I couldn't move the car again. I waited a weekend, went back out to the car and it is working fine. Oye.

I've attached an image of the code Im getting on my NT520. Guessing its only a matter of time before I see this issue again.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts