Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 maserati quattroporte autamatica and can of soda spilled on center console now i have epb warning light on to got to dealer. I took apart the console and removed the epb parking brake switch and cleaned it up. Is there any way of clearing fault for epb or do i have to go to dealer for this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have 2007 maserati quattroporte autamatica and can of soda spilled on center console now i have epb warning light on to got to dealer. I took apart the console and removed the epb parking brake switch and cleaned it up. Is there any way of clearing fault for epb or do i have to go to dealer for this.
Spray the connectors, switches with a can of electric contact cleaner.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Cleaning faults on M139 can be done with a foxwell nt520 pro for example.

That's the cheapest DIY scanner solution as far as i know... Maybe someone near you has a scanning tool?

·
Super Moderator
4,103 Posts
There are lots of cheaper OBD devices that will clear faults. Whether it will clear an EPB fault is a different matter.

Alessio have you tried the Foxwell on the EPB systems?

C

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are lots of cheaper OBD devices that will clear faults. Whether it will clear an EPB fault is a different matter.

Alessio have you tried the Foxwell on the EPB systems?

C

sorry - of course you are right. i meant one of those scanners with special Maserati features.

yes - EPB Elec. Parking brake control unit is supported.
i had an error "Parking Brake CAN Message Error" and erased it with my foxwell.

Feautre-list attached

Alessio

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,103 Posts
Cool, good to know.

There have been reports of non-Maserati scanners lunching EPB modules in the UK, however. Tread with caution.

C

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pardon for hijacking an old thread, but I just ran into a similar issue as the OP. I was attempting to clean up the sticky finish of the console trim and must have shorted out the EPB switch in the process.

I pulled it out and cleaned it, plugged it back in but every time I try to clear the EPB fault with my Foxwell NT520, it comes right back on.

Is it possible the switch is really toast after a small amount of soapy water? If I buy a replacement switch and plug it in, I should be able to clear the EPB fault with the NT520?

If I manually unlock the EPB so I can move the car, will I really need to head to the dealership? Is there a recalibration that is then required?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just to update where things are at with my EPB. I went out to the car a few days after posting this and everything just worked...

I drove the car a bit for a few weeks and randomly the fault came back and I couldn't move the car again. I waited a weekend, went back out to the car and it is working fine. Oye.

I've attached an image of the code Im getting on my NT520. Guessing its only a matter of time before I see this issue again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry - of course you are right. i meant one of those scanners with special Maserati features.

yes - EPB Elec. Parking brake control unit is supported.
i had an error "Parking Brake CAN Message Error" and erased it with my foxwell.

Feautre-list attached

Alessio
What software were you using. I got nt530 and can't communicate with the cars epb or anything else

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to update where things are at with my EPB. I went out to the car a few days after posting this and everything just worked...

I drove the car a bit for a few weeks and randomly the fault came back and I couldn't move the car again. I waited a weekend, went back out to the car and it is working fine. Oye.

I've attached an image of the code Im getting on my NT520. Guessing its only a matter of time before I see this issue again.
Hello trying to see what software your nt530 as in it. I got the nt530 and can't communicate with anything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my experience with the switch changing it automatically cleared the fault after actuating the parking brake post replacement. i didn't have to clear it with a tool. pretty sure your switch is fried

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you remove the parking brake switch? The black finish on mine wore off and I'd like to replace it with a new OEM part.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's been a bit since I pulled it apart last, in general this is what I did. Pull off the trapezoid pieces from the sides of the console near the shifter assembly, they pull straight off, held on by clips. Remove the rubber pads on the inside bottom of the cup holders and remove the 2 screws. Remove ash tray and remove hidden screw. Pull straight up on shifter knob, itll pop off. On drivers side where you took off trapezoid you'll see electrical connector that connects to parking brake switch, disconnect it. Pull shifter trim panel straight up and disconnect remaining wiring connectors. Think there are 2. After that flip over switch panel, think there is 1 or 2 screws that hold on parking brake switch. Then pull it out

·
Registered
121 Posts
Actually more I think about it , through the trapezoid is the shift indicator, you have to push that out to reveal the last screw. After that you have to lift it out before you can disconnect the parking brake wiring harness. This was on a granturismo which I think is the same, not sure though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts