Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, getting beat up by a 06 QP with duoselect... Vehicle had no F1 pump operation when opening the drivers door so like so many before Ive replaced the F1 pump and relay and still I have a no crank condition and the pump does not fire up... check all the fuses, trunk, hood, interior and they all check out. I did scan the vehicle and it has a hard fault for clutch position sensor invalid signal.... the question is will that fault not allow the F1 pump to come on? in turn causing a no crank condition? car does have 40k on it so maybe I'll have to pull the tranny and take a look- just wanted to verify if this sounds logical before doing so. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
If you have the F1 sensor code, then that is likely where you problem lies, not with the F1 pump. If your F1 sensor (CPS) fails and throws a code, then your vehicle will not crank, and should suspend F1 priming as well. This is a safety feature because without that signal, the NCR has no idea where your clutch is in relation to the flywheel and cranking with the clutch closed on the flywheel will put your car through the wall and into your living room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the F1 sensor code, then that is likely where you problem lies, not with the F1 pump. If your F1 sensor (CPS) fails and throws a code, then your vehicle will not crank, and should suspend F1 priming as well. This is a safety feature because without that signal, the NCR has no idea where your clutch is in relation to the flywheel and cranking with the clutch closed on the flywheel will put your car through the wall and into your living room.
Just the info I was looking for! thanks for confirming my thoughts! many cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
If you're doing this for the first time, be sure to install the magnet in the proper direction and don't drive the car until you clear the codes and run a DEIS self learn using a scan tool. You don't always have to but I recommend the re-learn using the new sensor. If it passes, then shut the car off for a minute to let the parameters save, then you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're doing this for the first time, be sure to install the magnet in the proper direction and don't drive the car until you clear the codes and run a DEIS self learn using a scan tool. You don't always have to but I recommend the re-learn using the new sensor. If it passes, then shut the car off for a minute to let the parameters save, then you should be good to go.
Erik, thanks for the advice... does this fault also mean a new clutch is needed? or does the sensor just fail sometimes and the clutch is fine?

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
No, two completely separate parts. Many people replace it all at once due to the labor costs, but if you're doing it yourself, I'd just replace what's broken. Then, when the clutch eventually starts to slip, just replace it. It's very conventional however you'll need a scan tool to calibrate.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
And, about those sensors, their's no telling when they will fail. Sometimes they fail out of the box and other times they last 100K miles in hot temps. No rhyme or reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts