Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks:
I'm back with this forum after being absent for the past few years. I had an '06 Gran Sport when I was afflicted with some serious heart issues. I absolutely loved the car but sold it as I didn't want my wife to deal with the service if something happened to me. The closest Mas dealer is about 100 miles away. The good news is that I'm back and healthy and looking to get back in the group.
Soo--I'm currently looking at an '05 Spyder that has been listed on most of the internet sites. You've all probably seen it and hoping that you have some opinions to share. The dealer is in Erie Pa. and seems to be a reputable Maserati dealership. The car is gray, has 11,000 miles and the Carfax is clean and showing one owner. The dealership bought at auction several months ago. They were listing at 27,995 and I have offered 26 even. It would be sight unseen as I live in California and the car is in Pennsylvania. A bit scary buying at this distance but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. I checked on shipping and found a carrier that would ship in a hard covered truck for 1750.00 (elevator, not ramp). I would be very leery about a ramp if someone decided to back it up into the van. There goes the clutch. Oh yeah, the dealer did a 10K service and the diagnostics states that the clutch is at 67%.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on being back to the marque. I believe I dealt with the dealer you’re referring to when I was on the hunt.
While I’d highly recommend making the trip out there yourself as Jason mentioned, I had really positive experiences in speaking with them about the GranSports they kept finding. They were really transparent and provided photos of all the flaws on one of the models I was seriously considering. Overall, I felt like they were really straight in all the interactions I had. I ended up finding my top pick as it came back on the market after being off for 6 months.
Now, if you’re ready to go see it or get your PPI, you already know how you’ll be able to get it back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey folks:
I'm back with this forum after being absent for the past few years. I had an '06 Gran Sport when I was afflicted with some serious heart issues. I absolutely loved the car but sold it as I didn't want my wife to deal with the service if something happened to me. The closest Mas dealer is about 100 miles away. The good news is that I'm back and healthy and looking to get back in the group.
Soo--I'm currently looking at an '05 Spyder that has been listed on most of the internet sites. You've all probably seen it and hoping that you have some opinions to share. The dealer is in Erie Pa. and seems to be a reputable Maserati dealership. The car is gray, has 11,000 miles and the Carfax is clean and showing one owner. The dealership bought at auction several months ago. They were listing at 27,995 and I have offered 26 even. It would be sight unseen as I live in California and the car is in Pennsylvania. A bit scary buying at this distance but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. I checked on shipping and found a carrier that would ship in a hard covered truck for 1750.00 (elevator, not ramp). I would be very leery about a ramp if someone decided to back it up into the van. There goes the clutch. Oh yeah, the dealer did a 10K service and the diagnostics states that the clutch is at 67%.
Any thoughts?
Thanks guys. After sleeping on it last night I was leaning that way as well. I'll take your advice and either make the trip east or pass on this one. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks guys. After sleeping on it last night I was leaning that way as well. I'll take your advice and either make the trip east or pass on this one. I appreciate it!

Hello!

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and thank you for your business. My name is Mike Davis, and I’m one of the owners of Pennant. If you need anything, this is a wonderful group of people — one of the best car forums on the Internet. We also have a fairly active Facebook group at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/118566668838138/?ref=share

Don’t hesitate to contact myself or anybody at Pennant if you have any questions about your new car. It’s pretty special to find an actual one owner car, and Grigio Nuvolari is a stunning color in person. The pics don’t do it justice.

It was also nice to hear the kind words about us on here. We definitely aren’t perfect, but try really hard to be transparent. Having sold nearly 20 of them in the last year, it shouldn’t be any secret that we are aiming to be the go-to place in the country for these cars.

Thanks again!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, thanks for the note. Yes, guys, I felt comfortable with everything to pull the trigger and purchase the '05 Spyder. I'm taking on faith, and the good reputation of the dealer, to buy the car from 2,000 miles away. Albert, my sales guy was very forthright and did point out a couple of flaws, one being some wheel rash on one of the wheels. I feel that I got a fair deal and can't wait to take delivery of the car in the next couple of weeks. With apologies in advance, I'm sure I will be all over this forum with questions as I learn about the car. The technical know-how and experience within the group is astounding and I know I have a lot to learn. Thanks-Bruce

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 2006 Gran Sport. Not sure of the proper color but it was a gray/silver color. I can't remember the interior color but don't think it was tan (it's been a few years). It had low mileage and was a really nice car. I sold it to Smith Volvo and they took it to their lot in Paso. That was the last I heard of the car. My wife really liked it and has never stopped reminding me that I sold out from under her. Hence the purchase of the Spyder at this point. Happy wife..... I live in SLO and will be looking for you in the area.
Bruce

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its the one. Was purchased from Paso lot by a winery owner. She had it for four years and put 3000mi on it. Now has 22K. How did you get it originally?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! What a coincidence! I bought it several years before that from Smith Volvo's son, who at the time had several on their lot in SLO. They had them on their little side business shop on Higuera St where they also sold Porsches. It was a great car when I owned it. I actually took it down to the dealer in Calabassas and they did a top down inspection. The car was perfect. BTW..I have heard that British Motorsports works on Mas's. Have you used them? I did have German Auto do a couple of oil changes for me when I had "your" car. They did a great job with it. Beats hauling it all the way down to LA.
Keep in touch. If you want to go private that's cool with me. I don't want to bore the forum guys with our private "affair".

Thanks--Bruce

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey "Avila Beach". I just pulled up a couple of photos on my '06 GS and I'm disappointed to report that it had grey leather interior. I tried to attach the photo but for some reason am having a rough time with it. Not used to the site as yet and still learning some of the ins and outs. Can't seem to attach or upload. When I figure it out I'll send you a pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here. This Gran Sport had the exact scenario you describe. You mention they had several, maybe that explains it. I will PM you and maybe we can text pictures via phones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts