Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an OBD scanner that will reset the codes for my 2005 QP. I have a false low transmission oil light and a headlight failure light that are both false. Anyone know how to fix?
Thanks for any assistance you may be.

·
Super Moderator
4,572 Posts
I'm going to guess that you need to fix potential fault before they clear permanently, but I guess it could be a glitch. Not sure what scanner will access those modules however: Launch and Fox seem to be doing well.

C

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
For starters, the "low trans oil" light on a F1 car like yours won't go out with a OBD reset. Once the oil is up to spec, then it'll go out.

Have you checked the F1 fluid level?

·
Registered
81 Posts
For starters, the "low trans oil" light on a F1 car like yours won't go out with a OBD reset. Once the oil is up to spec, then it'll go out.

Have you checked the F1 fluid level?
What he said. But the light code needs to be reset. I replaced a side marker bulb and warning still comes up.

4,851 Posts
What he said. But the light code needs to be reset. I replaced a side marker bulb and warning still comes up.
The headlight failure warning has nothing to do with the sidemarkers...Two totally different systems...The system doesn't need to be cleared for a simple sidemarker out...Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Registered
81 Posts
The headlight failure warning has nothing to do with the sidemarkers...Two totally different systems...The system doesn't need to be cleared for a simple sidemarker out...Jason
I never said the headlight warning was related to the sidemark. All i said was i had a warning and replaced a side marker blub as that was the one out and the system still has the warning coming up. That was the only blub that was out. Maybe last owner had another blub out and didn't clear the code.

·
Registered
2008 QP Automatica
14 Posts
To answer the original question: I use the Autel AP200 Scanner and it knows all the QP‘s control units. It can delete codes and show detailed explanations, it’s just not very good at configuring the modules like most non-OEM scanners. It’s great for 100 bucks or less.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What code? You just restart the car to clear the warning...J
Do not know. car is new to me and learning about it and going to use it for a project when I get sometime. Plus do not have a scan tool.

Never had a car that displayed messages about bulbs being out, etc. Since I replaced the bulb and the warning still comes up (i thought it would clear) after many car starts and OP stated OBD to clear headlight fault and engineers, sometimes like making simple things complex because they want a challenge plus new exotic car dealers make way more money on service then sales (take McLaren for example). I guessed I needed a scanner to clear it or the bulb that is now working (PHILIPS 12961) is still causing the issue or another bulb is out (has other projects on the go and not a priority currently).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts