Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine,after driving my car numerous times,fell in love with the qp and decided to purchase one.He found one but has no garranty on it...he wants to go for ,but i advised him not to.what do you guys think?Can he get an extended warranty after the purchase of the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Extended warranty

You gave good advice. While you may acquire an '05 qp for under $50K with low miles, any potential problems could cost updwards of $5K (not uncommon). The current warranty through Maserati Financial is terrible. However, there is hope. In June, there are plans to unveil a new program. The previous program only offered 1 yr and it was costly. Stall, if possible, until June and get a solid purchase QP with some security in reliability. Good luck!

·
Registered
266 Posts
2005 QP Without Warranty

So this car was sold before March 31 of 2005. Otherwise there should be the balance of the warranty. There are several 2005 QPs with a warranty balance available for under $50,000.

If you just love that car, I suggest you test drive it and have it looked at by an independent part if possible. Then offer $40,000 and if you have a $5,0000 repair you are still ahead.

·
Registered
624 Posts
So this car was sold before March 31 of 2005. Otherwise there should be the balance of the warranty. There are several 2005 QPs with a warranty balance available for under $50,000.

If you just love that car, I suggest you test drive it and have it looked at by an independent part if possible. Then offer $40,000 and if you have a $5,0000 repair you are still ahead.
Agreed totally. Just check out the history on the car and if it's solid and the $'s right this may be a great car. I bought an '04 in Nov last year from a Masi dealer, 1 owner car. We checked it out bumper to bumper, ended up it would need a clutch soon so they took care of it and other then a door lock module the car has been absolutely perfect. *There are many threads here on a checklist before a purchase - read them carefully and use them as your guide. If it checks out great, make an offer, if not you've done due diligence and keep looking. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts