Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used quattroporte which did not come with the owners manuals. Its has 13k miles and the last service performed was the 6.5k service. I scheduled a service appointment at the local dealer, and they said I am due for a 12.5k service which is "the big one" which scared me a bit. I've done some searching on this forum, and it sounds like regularly scheduled maintenance is 6.5k and then again at 18.5k. Is the dealer trying to take advantage here? What service should I be getting done now?

Also, anyone know where to get a California Nav CD? Mine came with Southeast which is useless to me.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Go to e-bay for the individual nav cd. Type in Maserati Navigation or Quattroporte Navigation. Should cost $55 to $75 depending on recency of the CD.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just purchased a used quattroporte which did not come with the owners manuals. Its has 13k miles and the last service performed was the 6.5k service. I scheduled a service appointment at the local dealer, and they said I am due for a 12.5k service which is "the big one" which scared me a bit. I've done some searching on this forum, and it sounds like regularly scheduled maintenance is 6.5k and then again at 18.5k. Is the dealer trying to take advantage here? What service should I be getting done now?
I also have a 2005 QP. According to the service book there is no 12.5K service. However, technically you might be due for service based on time. For example Maserati recommends that certain fluids be replaced based on time if the car doesn't reach the service mileage interval, e.g., brake fluid every two years. The first "big one" is really at 31K, which I just had done last week (my warranty expires tomorrow). I was able to keep costs down by doing a lot of the basic routine stuff myself, e.g. brake fluid, power steering fluid, oil, coolant, etc. The final cost for my visit last week was slightly under $1K, which was spilt about 50/50 between parts and labor. The filters is what pushed the bill up, which I do not believe are available in aftermarket application ($94 pollen/$110 air). I also was able to save $100 or so by supplying my own sparkplugs (I was going to do this myself - see older post - but on the QP it requires removal of the cowl and I preferred to pay Maserati 1.8 hours instead). Had I supplied my own gearbox oil, I probably could have cut the bill down by another $100 or so. Also, you can save a lot of money by purchasing aftermarket brake pads, which you will find are about 1/5th the price of the factory pads. Based on your current mileage, you probably will need new rear pads shortly.

So the bottom line is that you should probably flush and renew all of your fluids. Everything I've read and have been told by Maserati and Ferarri people is that it is critical that you keep the fluids as fresh as possible to ensure longevity of the car.

Also closely inspect your tires, particularly on the inside edge. The tires could look like it has a lot of life left on the outside edge, until you look at the inside edge. If your car is like most on this forum, you might need new tires if they are original.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts