Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the car not cooling with the AC on like it should. Strange thing is that the passenger side vents blow cold air.
The driver side vents blow warmer air - not hot. As best as i can tell there are not 2 zones of A/C in this car based on the controls.
Any ideas what to check ?

I read on another thread about a vent flap not closed all the way- but why would the passenger side blow cold air ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine did that as well. It's probably where the refrigerant enters the evaporator (looks like it's on the passenger's side). You need to recharge your system...it takes 2.4 lbs (1,100 gm) of R134a and that's a lot.
Did you ever find out why it was low ? Was there a leak ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No leak for more than a year. It was low because probably for 18 years it wasn't properly charged. There is always is some long term leakage (compressor shaft seal for example). I just can't emphasise enough that it needs 2.4 lbs and that's a lot. I can say more but do you know what "latent heat of vaporisation" is?
No - But i'll take your word for it ! Make sense that over 18 years for the gas being converted/pressurized that something would eventually happen to it over time. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts