Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
passenger side between firewall and steering rack filter is black with gold writing

essentially directly above the crossbrace that the steering rack mounts to.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Changed my oil and replaced my try sump feed assembly last saturday if you have any other questions just post up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why is my oil pressure light on now? it wont go up and the light stays on??? anyone got the schematic for the wiring?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Give us a little more info....

DId you have this problem before you did the LOF (Lube, Oil and Filter)?
If not, how many quarts did you put in?
If you have this problem before, give us a little more info...

Who, what, when, where, how and why..... Did the car overheat, etc...

·
Registered
518 Posts
mine stayed on for the first 10 to 15 sec after startup before the system got totally pressurized...are both of your drain plugs in tight? any leaks from beneath the car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
long story short, the oil resevoir cracked and all the oil leaked out. didnt notice until i started the car. i changed out the resevoir($$$). added new oil (7 quart mobil 1 5w20). the motor has never been over heated. i never had this problem before the LOF.
both drain plug are tight

·
Registered
695 Posts
Oil lines to tank/reservoir connected correctly/not crossed? Is there a check-valve in Maser dry sump system? I know some other dry sump systems have them to keep oil from draining from tank after shutoff.

To me, the focus should be directed toward the newly replaced reservoir and connections, etc.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wierd....

Sounds like you have some air in the lines and the oil pump isn't getting a prime or you have lines crossed, etc.... Don't run it long, you'll be buying an engine.... How did the resi crack???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts