Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a minor front end collision with a retread in the road, insurance is bending me over and having their way with me. Looks like they'll be totaling the car and giving me a fairly low $ figure, which they assure me is "a fair market value". It's been 7 weeks so far and I've gotten no where with them, so I'm just throwing in the towel.

I am removing a few things from the car before they haul it off for parts (for reference if anyone interested, a driveable 2005 coupe loaded with minor cosmetic damage is worth $15,700 to a rebuilder). If there's something small you need for your car that's broken or just not working right an annoying you, PM me ASAP as they're picking up the car tomorrow. I'll have the following items removed and for sale if anyone is looking for pieces:

Here are the current items and prices CURRENT AS OF 11/25/09

Drivers aluminum stock gas pedal: $75
Drivers aluminum Ultimate brand extended toe gas pedal: $75
Drivers aluminum trans tunnel side kick plate: $75
Spare tire trunk cover: $100
Drivers side airbag: $250
Paddle shift assembly: $50
Pair of front O2 Sensors, NIB: $350
Rear passenger black floor mats: $100
Right side Exhaust Manifold (US with 1st cat built in): $1500

Owners manual and original dealer brochures: $250 includes:
-2005 "Coupe" Owners Manual book, 220 pages
-2005 "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book", 32 pages.
-"Sales & Service Organization" book, lists dealers/service centers by state, 52 pages. All dealers, local maps & phone numbers.
-"Info Center" book, 128 pages, explicit details on functions of info center, navigation, phone, radio
-"Valet Parking Cambriocorsa" booklet, 50+ pages. Tear out 1 page picture diagram instructions to hand to valet on how to park/drive car.
-"Lemon Law and Consumer Rights Information" supplement, 45 pages, specific laws listed by state.
-"CA, MA or VT Emission Control Warranty Statement", 4 pages
-"Officine Alfieri Maserati" book, 25 pages. Gives detailed info on operation of accessories and options on car
-Dark blue leather binder with white stitching.
-"La Maserati" 27 pages covering entire range: Birdcage, MC12, Gransport, Gransport Spyder, Coupe Cambiocorsa, Coupe GT, Quattroporte/Executive/Sport GT, Personalization, Maserati World, Racing Activities, 90 Years of History. Full color pictures on every page.
-2006 Full range brochure, 45 pages. Gransport, Gransport Spyder, Coupe , Gransport MC Victory
-2006 Quattroporte full range brochure. 44 pages.
2005 full color US brochure. Coupe, Spyder, Gransport. 48 pages

Stock Valve covers, refinished in smooth red gloss powdercoat: SOLD
Passenger front floor mats: SOLD
Fabspeed cat bypass only: SOLD
Fabspeed x-pipe only: SOLD
BBS LM 19" wheels: SOLD
Fabspeed sport mufflers only: SOLD
Passenger side fire extinguisher & floor mount in black leather with red stitching: SOLD
Black leather steering wheel: SOLD
Passenger side aluminum kick plate and mounting bracket: SOLD
Engine lower exhaust shield (new in packaging): SOLD
Spare front full size 19" tire: SOLD
Spare rear full size 19" tire: SOLD
Driver side black floor mat: SOLD

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wheels are silver centers, polished lip, clearcoated over everything. 19x8.5, 19x10. Only about 2 months old. You can see pics on BBS's website under "vehicle photos", or send me your email and I'll send you hi res ones.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ron,
I just sent you a PM about some electric switches. How much for the mufflers?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, mate. That's devastating! I'd be nearly suicidal myself! I feel for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I actually need a right side steering rack boot, but I assume that would be a royal pain in the arse to get off the car. (I assume they're the same on the Coupé and the GranSport.) Could also use a new starter motor...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ron

Have you told your car insurance company how much we value your opinion here?

That we as a group of successful Maserati owners here would be willing to fully appreciate a company that "TAKES CARE" of one of our own?

Gene

·
Registered
262 Posts
What sort of damage was incurred to the car? Is it structural, or merely cosmetic?

·
Registered
34 Posts
...they assure me is "a fair market value"...
Sorry to hear.

To determine a fair market value, the insurance company typically performs a market summary, to see the actual market conditions for obtaining a replacement car.

Did they provide you with comparable examples to support their fair market estimate?

Karl.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you please PM if you have a button I need, please?

Pretty Please?

Gene
actually replaced factory seats with aftermarket recaro's, the seats were converted into office chairs and I removed the switches and hardware in the process. I'll check my parts bin tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I've got it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear.

To determine a fair market value, the insurance company typically performs a market summary, to see the actual market conditions for obtaining a replacement car.

Did they provide you with comparable examples to support their fair market estimate?

Karl.
yea, but they took off $15,000 for "high mileage" and based comparison's on cars not in my immediate area and not with all same options! Car 1 was in Florida at independent and car 2 was in Chicago...I'm in Philly and 2 local dealers both have used similar models. Have been arguing for over a month and short of hiring a lawyer, I'm screwed (called 1 lawyer and he told me my court fees upfront would run more than the difference)...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What sort of damage was incurred to the car? Is it structural, or merely cosmetic?
purely cosmetic, retread came off a truck and hit the front grill. Needs front bumper (I actually have one in my shed), grill and some minor paint work. Buyback salvage is $15,700 but I have to jump through a ton of hoops and need to get a salvage title before they'll cut a check. Anyway I play my hand, it's a PITA and not fully compensating me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually need a right side steering rack boot, but I assume that would be a royal pain in the arse to get off the car. (I assume they're the same on the Coupé and the GranSport.) Could also use a new starter motor...
sorry, needs to be something small and easy to remove, and not easily missed when the car is delivered to the salvage yard. I'm not actually parting it out, I'm just grabbing a few bolt on items before they take it away.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts