Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The other night, I took my 2005 Cambiocorsa Coupe to a Maserati Open House for the new dealer in Naples, Florida and I noticed that the LED light located in the bottom center of the dash that shows the gear selection (1,2,3,etc) was blinking the whole trip. Once I restarted the car on the way home it was fine again. I took a look in the Owners Manual to see what this might mean but couldn't fine any information on this "warning" light. Does anyone out there have any ideas? It's not any of the regular warning lights for the transmission or suspension.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is undocumented but it usually means it is having trouble shifting, and low hydraulic pressure.

I had this problem on and off, especially when the car had been driving for over 90 minutes. They replaced CC pump/fuse/relay, re-centered and relearned shifting, and then replaced "CC actuator" twice (first one was bad).

It doesn't log any error codes when this happens. Makes you wonder if the red CC light only comes on when the pump dies completely.

My symptoms where it would flash the gear indicator and then jump to neutral or not shift. I had a few drives home only in 1-2-3.

Mine would even flash when sitting in 6th on long trips (it still needs pressure to hold in gear) and then go to neutral.

How long had you been driving? I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Glenn for the quick response. The car shifted fine in all gears when it was blinking. It was a cooler night than usual (for Florida) so i wondered if that might have been part of it but i will have the Dealer check it out at my next service.

Tom

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anywhere around freezing?

Thanks Glenn for the quick response. The car shifted fine in all gears when it was blinking. It was a cooler night than usual (for Florida) so i wondered if that might have been part of it but i will have the Dealer check it out at my next service.

Tom
When the temperature drops around freezing, the little snowflake-looking icon beneath the gear indicator starts blinking accompanied by an audible tone that goes away in a few seconds. Just a warning about potential road conditions. Where I live in the Washington DC area, I get that indicator pretty much every day this time of year. I put on winter tires in November, because performance tires fare poorly when temperature drops below 40 or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
my 04 CC started doing this today, I am aware I neeeeeeed a clutch and mine too does shift fine ( - the lovely slipping of the clutch ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.