Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Dont know if your tech guys have any clues....on sunday while I was in deepest Wales the nav screen refused to turn off, I was concerned about a flat battery so on the advice of dealer who sold the car (and after trying everything else i could think of) i removed the fuse for it.

When replaced the system promped me for the security code but it wont actually let me try to input it. It says the system is blocked for 20 minutes, however, after 20 minutes (or even 24 hours) it doesnt change. i wondered if there is some sort of master reset for the nav?

Any clues?

As an aside, does anyone know if there is a video inpout to add a dvd player to the screen?

Much appreciated,

Craig

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi guys,

Dont know if your tech guys have any clues....on sunday while I was in deepest Wales the nav screen refused to turn off, I was concerned about a flat battery so on the advice of dealer who sold the car (and after trying everything else i could think of) i removed the fuse for it.

When replaced the system promped me for the security code but it wont actually let me try to input it. It says the system is blocked for 20 minutes, however, after 20 minutes (or even 24 hours) it doesnt change. i wondered if there is some sort of master reset for the nav?

Any clues?

As an aside, does anyone know if there is a video inpout to add a dvd player to the screen?

Much appreciated,

Craig
Maserati claims if you remove power from the radio by unplugging it or removing the fuse and then power it back up and do not enter a 4 digit code before turning the key back off than the system will be locked out for good.

I do not know how true this is though. Try removing the fuse again. See if the screen comes up were it will allow you to enter the code and try to see if it will let you enter it. Hopefully it works because that is a 7k radio (nit). You can also try removing the battery terminals to reset the car, but I would recommend the dealer do that because these cars are very finicky.

Once you get the radio fixed it is easy to add DVD or back up camera. PM me and I will help you find a dealer in your area that can help you.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Steve,

The car is under warranty so i'll get it back to dealer after trying the things you suggested. I only removed the fuse after the dealer told me to so I cant be held responsible I guess!

Ref adding DVD, I'm in London in the UK currently, do you know anyone here?

I wondered if it was a case of plugging in 3 leads (ie red, white phono for audio & yellow for video) as per my old Audi RS6 unit?

·
Registered
119 Posts
thanks Steve,

The car is under warranty so i'll get it back to dealer after trying the things you suggested. I only removed the fuse after the dealer told me to so I cant be held responsible I guess!

Ref adding DVD, I'm in London in the UK currently, do you know anyone here?

I wondered if it was a case of plugging in 3 leads (ie red, white phono for audio & yellow for video) as per my old Audi RS6 unit?
No it is not that simple for the DVD... You need a RGB and Vim mod to make this work correctly. The VIM is the video in motion and allows you to watch video while driving. Talk to Nav Tv over there and they can point you in the right direction on who to talk to.... If they do not help than I will try to find someone over there...

Bests,

·
Registered
183 Posts
My car had a battery disconnect at the dealer and was started various times ( on test drive etc) before we finally bothered to enter the code. All that happened was that at start up it would ask for the code.

Was does NIT/NIC actually stand for? The techs at the local dealer are always going on about the NIT or NIC unit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry for jumping in late. If the NIT screen says wait 20 minutes all the time no matter what, then you need a new NIT module, under warranty of course. Jeremy is absolutely correct in that if the NIT is in security mode waiting for a code and power is interrupted or voltage is too low, it will PERMANATELY lock. Best of luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
disconnected battery, waited 20 mins, reconnected, punched in code, all working fine so far :)
You are very lucky.... When disconnecting a battery terminal on a Qp all sorts of lights can go off and it would need to be serviced at the dealer... Glad it all worked out for you. Did you remember to re cycle the alarm system so it works properly after removing the battery terminal?

·
Registered
183 Posts
You are very lucky.... When disconnecting a battery terminal on a Qp all sorts of lights can go off and it would need to be serviced at the dealer... Glad it all worked out for you. Did you remember to re cycle the alarm system so it works properly after removing the battery terminal?
How do you recycle the alarm system? In another thread, it was suggested that disconnecting the battery was a cure for electrical system failure warning lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to be honest i went in a bit blind & just reconnected, but everything seems to work. pls dont take as gospel, I may have just been lucky!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings,

The "Info Center" in my spyder went out and I was wondering if the "NIT" unit was the radio itself, or is there a separate unit that plugs into the info center. Bottom line, if my Info Center is bad do I remove and replace it, or is there another piece that has to be replaced?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts