Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input on several problems which my Dec04 Coupe with 10 k miles has gotten over the last 10 days:

1) Aircon leak (or so I suspect) large quantity of fluid escaped into the interior of the car (passenger side) on 3 separate occasions over 2 days. Seems to have stopped now, I soaked it all up with newspapers so thankfully no bad smells have developped

2) Airflow direction/mode switch (the middle big dial on the center console) is stuck (not physically) on Max Defrost. I tried switching the car off and on, disconnected the main battery switch for 10 mins, etc. but no matter what position I put it in, it remains in Max Defrost function

3) Vibrations: (most felt in steering wheel and outer pilars) Start at 100 mph, worst at 110 mph disappear again over 120 mph, worst on ultra smooth road surface. Dealer says it is most likely tyres, which would not surprise me either, but they do not look excessively worn, even on the inner ends. Could this really only be tyres? The car did not do this before, then again I dont drive at those speeds on a regular basis...

4) My cambiocorsa light on the dashboard came on for a few seconds while slowing down in 2nd gear the car beeped 3 times, I immediately put it in Neutral and then back in gear, which worked wihout any noticable problems, light remained on for another 20 secs or so and went off again. Has not reoccured since, but I've not made more than 50 miles since.

It goes to the shop on August 7, so any suggestions on what I should insist on being done/checked are appreciated, especially since my waranty is only good for a few more months.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Vibrations: (most felt in steering wheel and outer pilars) Start at 100 mph, worst at 110 mph disappear again over 120 mph
Here is Southern California, our freeways are so congested I dream of being able to go 120 mph whenever I want. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looking for some input on several problems which my Dec04 Coupe with 10 k miles has gotten over the last 10 days:

1) Aircon leak (or so I suspect) large quantity of fluid escaped into the interior of the car (passenger side) ...
Regarding the liquid in the interior I would see this thread:
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322

If a lot of water has been in the car then perhaps some of your electronic issues are related? Definitely have the dealer check the aircon drain is clear and the drainage channels in the front tray are clear.

·
Registered
824 Posts

1) Aircon leak (or so I suspect) large quantity of fluid escaped into the interior of the car (passenger side) on 3 separate occasions over 2 days. Seems to have stopped now, I soaked it all up with newspapers so thankfully no bad smells have developped
If it is a refrigerant leak inside the car, it would probably be the O-ring for the expansion valve or expansion valve itself.

2) Airflow direction/mode switch (the middle big dial on the center console) is stuck (not physically) on Max Defrost. I tried switching the car off and on, disconnected the main battery switch for 10 mins, etc. but no matter what position I put it in, it remains in Max Defrost function
Are you getting a flashing E on the temp display? This sounds like the HVAC limp mode.

·
Registered
38 Posts
leak could be a blocked drainaway hole for the AC, did it happen whilst it was working?

Switch stuck, whatever position it was in when the switch stopped working will be where it stays untill a new switch is fitted, mine was the blower knob that packed up, it was in the off position :(

CC pump could have a leak / loose joint causing loss in pressure, this also happened to mine which needed a joint tightning and then topped up with fluid (hydraulic I assume) other than that it could be a pump failure iminent? £2000 fitted new so defo get done under the warranty if you can.

Duno on the vibration front, there have been quite a few deformed tyres reported but you've had them fitted a while and it's only just started, so bit stummped there....

hope some of that helps :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had similar problem with idiot lights about a month ago. Started with CC light coming on briefly, then would go out. Next CC light came on, followed by slip control off light coming on and staying on, then the ABS warning light coming on and staying on. Maserati of Cincinnati repaired and said it was a bad ABS relay. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is a refrigerant leak inside the car, it would probably be the O-ring for the expansion valve or expansion valve itself.

Are you getting a flashing E on the temp display? This sounds like the HVAC limp mode.
Temp display works as normal, ie no flashing E.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
leak could be a blocked drainaway hole for the AC, did it happen whilst it was working?
Leaks did happen while AC was working. Cannot further verify due to the fact that the mode selector is now stuck on Max defrost. Have not been driving the car much, but no further leakage has been observed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts