Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went out to put the top down and the first part which is on latching and lifting of the rear part of the top worked fine and then when it came to raising the lid which is the second step, the system stopped. I went through some threads and removed the cap Behind the driver seat, And tapped the note back to see if that would fix it as it was described. Now, things went from bad to worse. The center console button Does absolutely nothing and the two buttons in the glove box just click a solenoid or relay but nothing happens. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update to problem. I charged the battery which seemed low. And when I turn the battery switch back on got in the car and turn the ignition on, the driver side window went down. Now both windows will not go up. So what I have now is a top that is up and the console top switch is dead, The two switches in the glove box click a relay, and now I can’t put the windows up. Here’s a car that never gave me a day of trouble. It seems related to when I moved the plate behind the driver seat cap that the system completely stopped. The initial problem was that the anchors would release the back of the top and the top would tip up and stop where the lid should be the next part to open. Now I have an additional problem which seems much bigger than what I initially had. Any input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most recent update. They replace the relays and the top mechanism goes up but when it pulls The storage cover down, it doesn’t seem to switch to the next phase and the Latch motor and hydraulic pump continue until it throws the breaker that resets 10 seconds after. So, in brief, the cover pulls down and latches but it doesn’t seem to go to the next step what is the top is going out or the top is going down. It will put the top all the way down and then the cover will go to close and it keeps trying to pull the cover down and the hydraulic motor continues to go where as the next step should be all that should stop and door windows should go up or down in the other direction. It has something to do with that latch down set In the final step whether it be putting the back window down and anchoring or with the top down stopping the process when it’s finished and operate the windows. I cannot operate the windows. Any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2000 for Maserati spyder 4200. The problem I have with the top is: when going up, the second to the last process is pulling down the storage cover. It’s at the point where the motor that pulls the tables to latch the cover down doesn’t seem to actuate the next and final process. It just keeps pulling the cover down. It I hold the switch too long, it trips a breaker that resets in ten seconds.
going down, it’s stows the top and then the lid comes down, the latch pulls the lid down and I’m in the same place as it just keeps trying to pull the lid down and will not go to the final phase which Would be to stop. Any ideas or input is deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi James
Try the Spyder/Coupe GS part of the forum with your roof problems, I'm guessing some people would've missed your post as it's not in there.
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts