Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what its worth I now have both an iPod and a Bluetooch adapter hooked up and working ok (for the iPod) and great for the BT Phone.

For the iPod I used a Dension IceLink Plus (Blaupunkt Version). Got it on sale for $59 (CarDominStore). It came with all cables and mounted easily in the arm rest. The device itself fits easily in the space near the head unit. To install it you simply unplug the connector to the CD player and plug in the cable from the IceLink. Its the third one down from the top.

Then I needed to update the device to the 5-Disk Beta Firmware per the description in another post. Follow the instructions exactly and it should work. Its a little quirky but it works. Sound is awesome especially since I upgraded the speakers to MB Quarts.

For the BT adapter I chose the Parrot CK3000. Its got all the cables as well -- more than I expected! To install it I unplugged the connection from the head unit to the speakers (2nd from the top). This cable gets plugged into the CK3000 and the CK3000 plugs into the head unit. On my head unit, the telephone mute is pin 2 on the top connector. This is passed thought the CK3000 as well. Again I mounted this unit in the space behind the head unit in the center arm rest. There's lots of space. In place of installing the mike somewhere in the car, I stowed it and some cable in the arm rest. I clip it to my shirt when I'm on the road. This is the quietest place when the top is down. Net/net BT works great with my Blackberry. (I can even control the volume using the BB's volume control.)

Cheers.

Tom

·
Registered
530 Posts
Where's CarDominStore? I've been looking for an IceLink for the Maserati for months and everyone's told me it's discontinued and unavailable!

·
Registered
530 Posts
aaaargh you must have gotten the last one in captivity - all they show now is Kenwood, JVC, Alpine :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
icelink plus what model??

No one seems to know it by Blauplunt, Do you have the model number or know what other cars it works on? I am trying to find one surplus.

·
Registered
153 Posts
They don't have a model number as such. Ask for one flashed for blaupunkt. The main part of the unit is the same forall cars,just flashed with the appropriate firmware. Ths can be done by you. You 'play' the programming file on your ipod while connected to the unit.
The main bit is connected to the cars amp by a few wires. One is a flylead and does not connect to anything, the others go into a light blue din plug. It is only this plug and the firmware that determins the fit with the Maserati coupe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anybody know what other cars use Blauplunt OEM radios?

BMW,Audi, VW. Acura etc. I can find one of these Icelinks Plus units and hopefully reflash it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Blaupunkt OEM

Alfa Romeo, and Pontiac GTO also use Blaupunkt OEM. The 2005 and 2006 Lotus Elise comes with Blaupunkt, but they are the same receivers that Blaupunkt sells as aftermarket stereos, not really Blaupunkt OEM.
Sincerely, DeloreanPilot
2005 Lotus Elise
1981 Delorean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts