Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am very close to buying a 2003 Maserati Cambrio Corsa with 40,000 klms, SAT / NAV but have a couple of questions I hope you guys can asist with.
1. Does the SAT / NAV include bleutooth, if not was it an option?
2. Was Skyhooks standard?
3. A new clutch was fitted within the last 100k's. How long should it last if driven respectively?
4. I am a keen golfer and I had a good look in the boot nad I doubt if my clubs will fit in the back, has anyone been able to get a set in the boot?

Any other advice is appreciated.

By the way, great forum, it has been a great help so far in doing some research. I am keen on a Maserati as they are understated and stylish.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The NAV does not include bluetooth. This was not an option. The NAV is pretty useless so plan on getting an aftermarket unit such as Garmin if you really need navigation, which will have bluetooth if you want. Skyhook is an option. The way to tell if it has Skyhook is if there is a "sport" button. The clutch should last between 15,000-30,000 km depending on your driving style. There are a lot of threads on here about proper driving technique. You will get the hang of it with a little practice. I doubt your golf clubs will fit in the "boot" but there is ample space in the back seat if it is the Coupe we are talking about.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I may be wrong

but I don't think Skyhook came along until 2004. The nav system is useless in the '03. I'm able to fit my and my wife's clubs in the "boot" if I take our drivers out and lay them cross-ways. We also have smaller carry bags, so that might be why (golf is a walking sport - Maseratis are for driving). :D

Enjoy your baby.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually once fit two sets of golf clubs in the trunk, minus the drivers and woods. They were kind of stuffed in there, but it worked. If your clubs are nice enough to care about, I wouldn't recommend any more than one set in the back with your driver and fairway woods up front.

Skyhook is an option. If you don't have Skyhook, you will have a 'PWR' button. If you do have Skyhook, it will be a 'Sport' option.

I bought my Mas used and it had 9,000 miles on the clutch. 5,000 miles later, for a total of 14,000 miles on it, the clutch still seems to be working great. I've heard of some horror stories though, so don't use my experience as the benchmark.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jabra offers a bluetooth telephone speaker unit that fits on the visor or freely on the consol. It is very good and solves the bluetooth problem. I recommedn it for $70 dollars or so from BJ's.

If you want to replace everything then that is another story. I do not find the Garmin unit bluetooth as good as the Jabra. I believe motorola has a stand alone bluetooth unit as well.

You can spend a lot of money replacing the existing set up and adding updated NAV, bluetooth, IPOD and SAT connections. I am not saying that it is not worth the money to change the whole system, but if you are not ready to do so then I found the Jabra unit well worth the money.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am a little disappointed. If you want all the gadgets but an Infiniti - great cars - if you have passion and want your heart jump get an Italian.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Cambiocorsa

Hi LMSport and welcome,

Out of curiosity do you mean to say Cambiocorsa and not Cambrio..or is there a Euro model I haven't seen yet...in which case I'd love to know more.

Anyway on the issue of clutch - don't want to scare you but it's always a hot topic here. I bought my '04 CC in Nov '08 with 28K miles on it, LOVE IT, so much fun and everyday life literally changes the second they hand you the keys, I make up excuses to go to the store b'c even simple drives become thrill rides so you're in the right brand for sure. Personally, my car ran great on the test drive BUT the signs it needed a clutch were that the car was making a slight squealing sound coming out of low gears even though they told me it had 40% clutch life left. I checked here on the MLife site and was told those numbers are VERY relative and to raise a flag. Thank God I did, the dealer replaced the clutch at N/C, (to their credit, great people), and now the car rides like brand new, LOVE IT, but pls listen closely and get it checked thoroughly UPFRONT, ask questions here and clarify this issue b'c it's a $4,800.00 repair.

Congrats man, you're in for the ride of your life!

S-

(Racquetball, much friendlier small car trunk sport).

Hi, I am very close to buying a 2003 Maserati Cambrio Corsa with 40,000 klms, SAT / NAV but have a couple of questions I hope you guys can asist with.
1. Does the SAT / NAV include bleutooth, if not was it an option?
2. Was Skyhooks standard?
3. A new clutch was fitted within the last 100k's. How long should it last if driven respectively?
4. I am a keen golfer and I had a good look in the boot nad I doubt if my clubs will fit in the back, has anyone been able to get a set in the boot?

Any other advice is appreciated.

By the way, great forum, it has been a great help so far in doing some research. I am keen on a Maserati as they are understated and stylish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.