Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shifter light comes on sometimes and I can't get it in gear. Somewhere I read I should check the trans oil. There is a plug on the right side of the trans that looks like a check plug. Anyone know if thats it? Any other ideas about the shifter light?:confused:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's it...

The drain plug is on the bottom of the case and the filler plug is the brass looking plug on the passenger side of the transmission about 1/3 of the way up. It takes 75W-90 full synthetic oil and it takes about 2.8 liters or .74 U.S. gallons. I myself use Mobil 1, others like different products...

As for the shifter light, it could be the F1 pump fluid level. The F1 pump is on the rear drivers side of the transaxle and you need small hands to get the top off the fluid cannister and check the level.. In there I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic ATF.. To fill this properly you will need the service manual as it doesn't get filled all the way up but only just over half and there is a tool that allows you to measure that fluid amount.. With the special tool you literally top off the canister, insert the tool then suction out the fluid until you get air and then stop. The tool has a hole in the side of it half way up so you can only siphon out the correct amount of fluid...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked the fluid and it seems like it has enough in. I can touch it with the tip of my finger with the fluid cold. Some say to replce the F1 relay every year but not sure where it is? Maybe it's time to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You need to check out Eurospares...

They have the entire schematic for the car...

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/index.asp

From there you can find the relay, all the information on the pump, etc..
Another thing that can cause the pump light to come on, is fluid pressure drop caused by the pump not functioning correctly, basically starting to clog or not run. If that is the case, you can either have the pump rebuilt, buy one from Eurospares and install it yourself, or if you have a good mechanic you work with at the dealer, have them test the pump...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts