Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2002 Spyder with 24 K miles. It's a beautiful car with more go than the Boxster S that I had. Before purchasing the car I mentioned to the previous owner there was a problem with the front end. I thought it was a wheel out of balance or something loose - tie rod, wheel bearing hoping that he'd negotiate better on the price.

Anyhow, finally got around to checking it out. Both front wheels were bent. I carried them to United Wheel and for $213 they straightened both out. Car now handles like a dream. :)

So if you're one of these 2002 owners that have severe cowl shake check your front wheels before assuming that it can't be fixed.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I recently purchased a 2002 Spyder with 24 K miles. It's a beautiful car with more go than the Boxster S that I had. Before purchasing the car I mentioned to the previous owner there was a problem with the front end. I thought it was a wheel out of balance or something loose - tie rod, wheel bearing hoping that he'd negotiate better on the price.

Anyhow, finally got around to checking it out. Both front wheels were bent. I carried them to United Wheel and for $213 they straightened both out. Car now handles like a dream. :)

So if you're one of these 2002 owners that have severe cowl shake check your front wheels before assuming that it can't be fixed.
Now get back to that "Lead to Gold" problem :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts