Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 02 Spyder CC last night, plugged my phone charger into the cigarette lighter, while driving and lost lighting on dash and instruments cluster (except gear indicator & 'sport') also no tail lights & no head lights. The car beep 5 beeps as a warning but no other indication. I checked the cigarette lighter fuse and even replaced it with no success. High beams work when I hold down the brights and brake lights work... Does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
SD, Check ALL the fuses in the passenger footwell, alot of fuses and relays get power from another fuse or relay. When I get to work tommorrow I will
check fuse designation and get a better idea of where to guide you.
Good luck, Kent

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would check your fuses under the front of the passenger floor. There are 2 seperate fuses for the right head light and the left head light also 2 seperate fuses for low and high beams for the respective side. If neither your low or highs work, its probably something more serious with your electrical system. Best of luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same problem with my '05 CC

I had the exact same problem leaving work on a dark, rainy Friday night. No low beams, but my high beams worked fine (other drivers waved their hands at me, but it looked like maybe only their middle finger was extended!).

There is only one common failure point that I could find between right and left low beams, and that is the low beam relay (if the fuse was the problem, one side would work as they're individually fused). When I got home, I switched the low beam relay with the high beam relay, and my high beams worked both times so I knew it wasn't the relay.

As the car was stilll under warranty, I took it in to the dealer and they replaced something called the IGE ECU MODULE 03-04-05MY. The lights have worked fine since then. Since it was warranty work, I don't have a feel for what it would cost post-warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.