Maserati Forum banner

2002 CC Gets Warning Beep at Slow Speeds

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  xxxpres 
#1 ·
I'm a 1-month old owner of a pre-owned 2002 CC ragtop, and brand new to the forum today.

I've noticed that when I'm in first gear at slow speed (in traffic), I get a warning beep with no corresponding indicator light when I press the gas pedal. It stops if I take my foot off the gas.

My first thought was overheating, but the thermo shows me nowhere near the warning level. My second thought was a stall warning, but with the tiptronic engaged that doesn't make logical sense. My third thought was a proximity detector, but none has ever gone off as I park the car.

I don't get an indicator light anywhere, and I've checked all the dials just to be sure I'm not overheating, low on fuel, etc with a burned-out LED.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue? Didn't find anything searching the forum, but that also gives me errors...

Jose

#2 ·
If you stop long enough in first gear, where the CC has to keep the clutch depressed, it will beep and drop you to neutral. This is a normal function (as the clutch save cyl would eventually leak down and release).

You just have to tap "up" and you'll be fine to move off.

I am pretty sure this is in the owner's manual.

#4 ·
True about the car going back to neutral after a long time of no pedal interaction.

BUT the beep your hearing is the clutch overheat warning. When the clutch gets hot due to feathering throtle in traffic, it starts to beep when engaging again. Dont creep in traffic like an auto. Let a gap form and move off smoothly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.