Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awaiting transport delivery of newly acquired 2002 Coupe with 35K mi. on the clock. Prior owners have show great love, respect, and care for this 9400 Cambio Coupe. Skyhook and Drive by Wire have been added, and full service kit was performed by seller in 2019. New Pirelli PZero tires, and new Brembo brakes went in this past July. Very few miles added since. Seller indicates that shocks may need replacing soon, and he recommended this forum for some input on what shocks to consider, and any related advisements.

I have seen Formula Dynamics coil overs, and they are certainly a consideration, but I am looking for input on other choices in relacement shocks for this 2002 skyhook, drive by wire upgraded Cambiocorsa Coupe.

Thanks,

Fires4

·
Registered
160 Posts
You only have three options:

Replacing the OEM Skyhook damper
FD Coilovers
KW Coilovers

Both coilovers options are good quality and likely cost less than a set of new dampers. KW are slightly cheaper but FD offers an error cancelling kit for the Skyhook delete.

If I were you, I’d keep these shocks until the Christmas season and see if FD has a holiday sale soon because if they do you’ll be saving a decent chunk of your money.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If the shocks are not leaking I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace them. My current coupe with 44K mi is fine and my previous spyder with 90K on original shocks did not have a problem. Drive the car for a while and then evaluate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You only have three options:

Replacing the OEM Skyhook damper
FD Coilovers
KW Coilovers

Both coilovers options are good quality and likely cost less than a set of new dampers. KW are slightly cheaper but FD offers an error cancelling kit for the Skyhook delete.

If I were you, I’d keep these shocks until the Christmas season and see if FD has a holiday sale soon because if they do you’ll be saving a decent chunk of your money.
Thanks for the great advise. I know FD stands for Formula Dynamics, but I need help learning what KW stands for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great advise. I know FD stands for Formula Dynamics, but I need help learning what KW stands for.
Many thanks for the info.

Now, in order to make such a choice, I need to learn the difference, aside from costs, between Skyhook dampers and coil over shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts