Maserati Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Yeah you would need to exert a really good amount of force and be able to hold it momentarily with his setup. +1 on that breaker bar 'Hais,' it really makes a big difference ?
I did use a breaker bar but I am very short, quite the stretch for my short arms lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah.. memory’s a little hazy as its been a couple months but i just checked my toolbox for folks who’ve been waiting for this thread to do their major service.

It looks like i had a 24” breaker so that may be the optimal length to hold that tensioner back with one hand while the other is free to hook the belt onto the last pulley.

007AA37F-0569-43B0-9069-F543655EA041.jpeg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is there an easy way to know which compressor control belt to order?

Apparently, they come in two sizes. Part #239616 COMPRESSOR CONTROL BELT is 1564mm long whereas part #239617 is 1544mm (2cm shorter). Outside of opening up the engine bay and looking at the marking on the belt, how does one know which one to order? I have a 2013 GT MC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

Apparently, they come in two sizes. Part #239616 COMPRESSOR CONTROL BELT is 1564mm long whereas part #239617 is 1544mm (2cm shorter). Outside of opening up the engine bay and looking at the marking on the belt, how does one know which one to order? I have a 2013 GT MC.

Just saw your model

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

I just confirmed you will need the 239617 per Scuderia website.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for looking that up Robin!

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Curious about others, but my power steering fluid was pretty much as clean as the new fluid.
Same here, but it only took about 10 minutes, I went ahead and "exchanged" it. Looked new in my opinion. Good piece of mind to have everything brand new (except the transmission)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Found the Red Line differential oil on sale for $14.43/quart here: Red Line Oil at Autoplicity. Ground shipping for 2 quarts was $9.99 but still a good deal.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Guys, any tips to get all three of the bottom tabs on the air filter cover to insert properly in the holes?

I put the BMC filter in today and can't seem to get all three tabs in the holes. The most I've been able to do is the two outside ones. The center one just doesn't want to go in. Here's also not much real estate on that area to guide them in by touch.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Guys, any tips to get all three of the bottom tabs on the air filter cover to insert properly in the holes?

I put the BMC filter in today and can't seem to get all three tabs in the holes. The most I've been able to do is the two outside ones. The center one just doesn't want to go in. Here's also not much real estate on that area to guide them in by touch.
I know its a pain but if you remove all the panels underneath you can have someone underneath guide them in. I had the same problem but was able to eventually get them in and when I was doing the radiator service I could see that having a 2nd person would of helped or access for myself possibly to guide them in from underneath, very easy to get to with the under panels removed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i read a comment to pull out the entire box and put it back in as a whole. Im not sure what are the proper steps but im going to try it next time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i read a comment to pull out the entire box and put it back in as a whole. Im not sure what are the proper steps but im going to try it next time.
That's actually not a bad idea...I'll try that out and report back.
I know its a pain but if you remove all the panels underneath you can have someone underneath guide them in. I had the same problem but was able to eventually get them in and when I was doing the radiator service I could see that having a 2nd person would of helped or access for myself possibly to guide them in from underneath, very easy to get to with the under panels removed.
Ya, definitely would help to have the car up on jacks but the above suggestion to take the whole box off maybe a good alternative.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's actually not a bad idea...I'll try that out and report back.
Ya, definitely would help to have the car up on jacks but the above suggestion to take the whole box off maybe a good alternative.
I tried the method of taking the air box off to install the air filter. It sounds straight forward but a few issues made it a no-go option for me.

1. It was hard to take the whole air box out without also taking off the two felt hoses on each side of the air box. The issue with this is that once you reinstall the air box, there really isn't much room to get your hands in to reconnect those felt hoses.

2. The bolt that attaches the air box to the frame is hard to get to without taking the air box cover off since it essentially gets covered up by the air intake. So if you try to reinstall the air box with the cover on it, the air intake blocks direct access to the bolt so you have to approach it at a very odd angle. This made it really difficult to get a wrench back there to re-tighten the bolt.

3. There really isn't that much gap between the throttle body and the air intake. So when you try to install the whole air box in one go, presence of the hose connecting the air intake and throttle body doesn't give you the needed space to maneuver it in place.

It's just easier to change the air filter the way most people have been doing it. It still doesn't solve the issue of getting all three tabs to engage. I got two outside ones to engage and will leave it that way until I have the car on jacks to change the engine oil. At that time, I'll re-install the cover to make sure all three tabs are engaged.

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
115 Posts
I installed mine last year and used silicone spray on the gasket and box to get the gasket into the box thus making all the tabs work may help you when you try again

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you want to put in the preassambled airbox it is almost inpossible to but the airhoses back in, unless, befor you put in the airfilter and click it closed, you take out the 2 airducts where the airhoses connect to. Now it is feasible to put in the airbox as a whole, put the airhoses with the duct in, and click it all in place. Worked for me, and no damage to the airfilter!

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you want to put in the preassambled airbox it is almost inpossible to but the airhoses back in, unless, befor you put in the airfilter and click it closed, you take out the 2 airducts where the airhoses connect to. Now it is feasible to put in the airbox as a whole, put the airhoses with the duct in, and click it all in place. Worked for me, and no damage to the airfilter!
I did consider doing that but it was getting dark and I was already tired of leaning over the engine bay for so long so gave up lol.

Do the two air ducts just snap onto the airbox? I imagine there are some tabs that would have to be released to remove the ducts.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You need to pull the airbox completely out to get the airducts out, they are clipped in, but that is just a 10mm bolt and you pull the entire box out. Takes maybe 10 minutes more that you probably gain back in reduced wrestling time with the air hoses!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts