Maserati Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a reference for others. these are the items im using for the major service:
Engine oil : Shell Helix Ultra 5w40
Brake fluid: Motul RBF 600
Powersteering: Motul ATF VI
Coolant: Valvoline G48 ready mixed
Differential oil: Royal Purple Max Gear 75w140 (i will try this with another additive since my diff makes a bit of noise)
Air Filter: BMC
Interior Filter: Denso DCF135K
Spark plugs: Denso Iridium IU24
Belts are dealer supplied

And as far as tools go I had to get a brake vaccuum bleeder, a 17mm hex for the oil drain plug and a tool to remove/install the belts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, I just got my Major service kit put together, Not pictured is the cabin filter, its being shipped, for only $500. I have a 2013 GTS that I purchased with only 11,216 miles in April of 2019, I now have 15,044 miles on the clock. I have no idea when the last service was except for when I got the car with 11,216 miles, the first thing I did was order the oil change kit from FD. The belts are now 7 years old so it will be a great piece of mind. I would assume the brake fluid has never been changed either.

As you will see this kits contains OEM Maserati oil, Q horsepower 5w-40, OEM oil filter w/ new crush washer, Power steering fluid, Motul brake fluid, Concentrate Coolant, Serpentine belt, Acc Belt, BMC Air filter, and Cabin Air filter (not pictured).

I will be doing a Major Service video within the next couple months to show how you can do it yourself at home, I will also have a list of tools needed which is pretty basic.

I did invest in a very nice scanner (Autel MX808) for about $350 that I reset the green wrench light when I changed the oil for the first time myself, You can use this scanner on ANY car. I also invested in a Motive Power Bleeder for $85. Works on most German cars as well.

Stay tuned!
I bought my 2014 GTS about 9 months ago with around 21k miles; and the little wrench just showed up. I will also be looking forward to you videos, as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bought a 2015 gt conv coming up on 25000 miles I have a warranty however afraid on one hand taking it to the dealer to have simple stuff done like oil change etc. . I would like the dealer to do a good inspection but not to pay stupid prices for easy work . I am a DIY guy licensed aircraft tech and changing oil is a plug and filter . Changing belts is a belt no big deal will it void my warranty if i use oem parts ?
and does anyone have a good oem part supplier

thanks I love the car its a beast
looking for new rims and any advice .....................… thanks Proud GT owner

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I get my OEM parts from Scuderia. They have all the diagrams and its fast shipping even if they don't have it in stock, very happy. As far as your warranty I am not sure, I thought I heard guys stating you have to have all the services done by the dealer to maintain the warranty. But a 2015 should be at the end of the warranty. I have a 2013 with 15,000 miles on it, my closest dealer is a 500 mile round trip so I have to DIY everyithing pretty much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get my OEM parts from Scuderia. They have all the diagrams and its fast shipping even if they don't have it in stock, very happy. As far as your warranty I am not sure, I thought I heard guys stating you have to have all the services done by the dealer to maintain the warranty. But a 2015 should be at the end of the warranty. I have a 2013 with 15,000 miles on it, my closest dealer is a 500 mile round trip so I have to DIY everyithing pretty much.

Your so welcome!
I have an extended warranty but I heard it’s illegal for them to make you go there for routine maintenance
As long as you use oem parts ?
thanks for the info

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have an extended warranty but I heard it’s illegal for them to make you go there for routine maintenance
As long as you use oem parts ?
thanks for the info
This is correct. A dealership or manufacturer cannot void your warranty if you use an independent or do the work yourself, and it is not a requirement that you use OEM parts.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
My Major service kit has all come in including the Differential oil. I'm ready to tackle this soon!! Just waiting on a couple tools to come in.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
My Major service kit has all come in including the Differential oil. I'm ready to tackle this soon!! Just waiting on a couple tools to come in.
If you need the approved Masi water pump drive belt tool, i'll be happy to send it out to you from Atlanta 30324 👍
(you pay shipping both ways only)

Masi belt tool.jpg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
T
If you need the approved Masi water pump drive belt tool, i'll be happy to send it out to you from Atlanta 30324 👍
(you pay shipping both ways only)

View attachment 129435
Thank you so much for the offer, I do have one coming. Should be here this Friday. That's the only tool I am in need of.. Will be a good investment for future jobs.

·
Registered
846 Posts
T

Thank you so much for the offer, I do have one coming. Should be here this Friday. That's the only tool I am in need of.. Will be a good investment for future jobs.
Not a prob, and good for you (y)
Other tools can 'get the job done' but you will find that this tool really was made for this job.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Robin can you tell me where you bought the kit I have a 2015 gt coming up on a 25k inspection
Thanks a million
Formula Dynamics sells the kit for $550 plus shipping except for the Waterpump belt, which OEM is only $20 and the differential oil which was about $40 for 2qts, but they will add to the kit, I did get all my fluids except the differential oil from them. I sourced all my other items myself and saved a little. I am a bargain hunter and also in the car parts industry. Formula Dynamics are amazing to work with, Great place to get everything in 1 place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Formula Dynamics sells the kit for $550 plus shipping except for the Waterpump belt, which OEM is only $20 and the differential oil which was about $40 for 2qts, but they will add to the kit, I did get all my fluids except the differential oil from them. I sourced all my other items myself and saved a little. I am a bargain hunter and also in the car parts industry. Formula Dynamics are amazing to work with, Great place to get everything in 1 place.
Perfect thanks again

41 - 53 of 53 Posts