Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just a reference for others. these are the items im using for the major service:
Engine oil : Shell Helix Ultra 5w40
Brake fluid: Motul RBF 600
Powersteering: Motul ATF VI
Coolant: Valvoline G48 ready mixed
Differential oil: Royal Purple Max Gear 75w140 (i will try this with another additive since my diff makes a bit of noise)
Air Filter: BMC
Interior Filter: Denso DCF135K
Spark plugs: Denso Iridium IU24
Belts are dealer supplied

And as far as tools go I had to get a brake vaccuum bleeder, a 17mm hex for the oil drain plug and a tool to remove/install the belts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, I just got my Major service kit put together, Not pictured is the cabin filter, its being shipped, for only $500. I have a 2013 GTS that I purchased with only 11,216 miles in April of 2019, I now have 15,044 miles on the clock. I have no idea when the last service was except for when I got the car with 11,216 miles, the first thing I did was order the oil change kit from FD. The belts are now 7 years old so it will be a great piece of mind. I would assume the brake fluid has never been changed either.

As you will see this kits contains OEM Maserati oil, Q horsepower 5w-40, OEM oil filter w/ new crush washer, Power steering fluid, Motul brake fluid, Concentrate Coolant, Serpentine belt, Acc Belt, BMC Air filter, and Cabin Air filter (not pictured).

I will be doing a Major Service video within the next couple months to show how you can do it yourself at home, I will also have a list of tools needed which is pretty basic.

I did invest in a very nice scanner (Autel MX808) for about $350 that I reset the green wrench light when I changed the oil for the first time myself, You can use this scanner on ANY car. I also invested in a Motive Power Bleeder for $85. Works on most German cars as well.

Stay tuned!
I bought my 2014 GTS about 9 months ago with around 21k miles; and the little wrench just showed up. I will also be looking forward to you videos, as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bought a 2015 gt conv coming up on 25000 miles I have a warranty however afraid on one hand taking it to the dealer to have simple stuff done like oil change etc. . I would like the dealer to do a good inspection but not to pay stupid prices for easy work . I am a DIY guy licensed aircraft tech and changing oil is a plug and filter . Changing belts is a belt no big deal will it void my warranty if i use oem parts ?
and does anyone have a good oem part supplier

thanks I love the car its a beast
looking for new rims and any advice .....................… thanks Proud GT owner

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I get my OEM parts from Scuderia. They have all the diagrams and its fast shipping even if they don't have it in stock, very happy. As far as your warranty I am not sure, I thought I heard guys stating you have to have all the services done by the dealer to maintain the warranty. But a 2015 should be at the end of the warranty. I have a 2013 with 15,000 miles on it, my closest dealer is a 500 mile round trip so I have to DIY everyithing pretty much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get my OEM parts from Scuderia. They have all the diagrams and its fast shipping even if they don't have it in stock, very happy. As far as your warranty I am not sure, I thought I heard guys stating you have to have all the services done by the dealer to maintain the warranty. But a 2015 should be at the end of the warranty. I have a 2013 with 15,000 miles on it, my closest dealer is a 500 mile round trip so I have to DIY everyithing pretty much.

Your so welcome!
I have an extended warranty but I heard it’s illegal for them to make you go there for routine maintenance
As long as you use oem parts ?
thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I have an extended warranty but I heard it’s illegal for them to make you go there for routine maintenance
As long as you use oem parts ?
thanks for the info
This is correct. A dealership or manufacturer cannot void your warranty if you use an independent or do the work yourself, and it is not a requirement that you use OEM parts.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
My Major service kit has all come in including the Differential oil. I'm ready to tackle this soon!! Just waiting on a couple tools to come in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My Major service kit has all come in including the Differential oil. I'm ready to tackle this soon!! Just waiting on a couple tools to come in.
If you need the approved Masi water pump drive belt tool, i'll be happy to send it out to you from Atlanta 30324 👍
(you pay shipping both ways only)

Masi belt tool.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
T
If you need the approved Masi water pump drive belt tool, i'll be happy to send it out to you from Atlanta 30324 👍
(you pay shipping both ways only)

View attachment 129435
Thank you so much for the offer, I do have one coming. Should be here this Friday. That's the only tool I am in need of.. Will be a good investment for future jobs.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
T

Thank you so much for the offer, I do have one coming. Should be here this Friday. That's the only tool I am in need of.. Will be a good investment for future jobs.
Not a prob, and good for you (y)
Other tools can 'get the job done' but you will find that this tool really was made for this job.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Robin can you tell me where you bought the kit I have a 2015 gt coming up on a 25k inspection
Thanks a million
Formula Dynamics sells the kit for $550 plus shipping except for the Waterpump belt, which OEM is only $20 and the differential oil which was about $40 for 2qts, but they will add to the kit, I did get all my fluids except the differential oil from them. I sourced all my other items myself and saved a little. I am a bargain hunter and also in the car parts industry. Formula Dynamics are amazing to work with, Great place to get everything in 1 place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Formula Dynamics sells the kit for $550 plus shipping except for the Waterpump belt, which OEM is only $20 and the differential oil which was about $40 for 2qts, but they will add to the kit, I did get all my fluids except the differential oil from them. I sourced all my other items myself and saved a little. I am a bargain hunter and also in the car parts industry. Formula Dynamics are amazing to work with, Great place to get everything in 1 place.
Perfect thanks again

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just an update, since I am now stuck at home for a very long time I will be finishing up the video of my major service this weekend, I have finished both belts and BMC air filter. I have all the fluids, and cabin filter left to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Snapping the 3 bottom clips of the air filter lid back into place is the most challenging aspect of the entire major service.
You have all been warned ..lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Snapping the 3 bottom clips of the air filter lid back into place is the most challenging aspect of the entire major service.
You have all been warned ..lol
That's the truth. It took me 30 minutes plus to get the air filter cover on and I still wasn't happy with how it fit or should I say didn't fit. The 3 bottom tabs barely engage with the slots. Another Masi quirk.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts