·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,080 Posts
I have the same problem. I have the PIN - haven't installed it yet.
My local Tech tried to reattach using a different PIN method....didn't work.

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
428 Posts
Yep, ridiculous. Another poster told me how he used a zip tie and it works like a charm

·
Registered
2012 Gran Turismo Convertible
43 Posts
From my experience, the pin mounts in the cover can break - so then add more $ for a new cover. Clearly a PTA.

5,381 Posts
I agree...Here...save a few bucks. Unfortunately, the manufacture has you I think on this one...I don't like blowing money either...J

Reactions: ddsski

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,272 Posts
$ 22 for two pins can be expected , but a $ 22 shipping charge for that is ridiculous., IMO . Are they sending you an anvil with those pins ?! 🤨

·
Registered
581 Posts
#1 glue
#2 if you can find a fastener with that diameter shaft, and an oversized head. Easy to trim to fit.
I bought a ~100 piece fastener kit on Ebay for $20-30 a year or so ago. It has been one of the best things I have ever bought

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
#1 glue
#2 if you can find a fastener with that diameter shaft, and an oversized head. Easy to trim to fit.
I bought a ~100 piece fastener kit on Ebay for $20-30 a year or so ago. It has been one of the best things I have ever bought
I bought the same but didn’t think to look. Turns out there is a bunch of the same length and diameter pins in that box. The heads are easily trimmed, as you said, making a better fit than the original.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My driver’s side seat adjustment cover keeps popping off. The plastic pins are not grabbing anymore. Scuderia wants $22 for two plus $22 shipping!

Would I pay $45 to fix this problem? Yes but damn!

I have replaced at least 4 of these absurdly cheap pieces of plastic. It is infuriating - a part that costs $0.07 to make keeps breaking off and costs close to $50 to replace. For a car that MSRP'd for over $140,000, this is awful. When they snap off, you quite literally cannot move the seat back to access the rear seats. Maserati knows this is a problem but has done nothing to address it. I love how people complain about plastic parts in U.S. cars - at least the seat levers don't snap off when you have a child in the back seat!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,080 Posts
Agreed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts